• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X4-5: across the mountains - IC

Rhun

First Post
Is the bottom of the map south? I will assume it is.

"I see no magic," says Nargon. "Let us investigate those buildings in the distance." The orc-blood points toward the south.

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20FF17T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5; Words in dark orange
Rajah Al-Qadim Human Dread Necromancer 8, AC20 FF18 T12, HP50/50, F+6,R+6,W+8; Words in yellow

Rhun said:
"I see no magic," says Nargon. "Let us investigate those buildings in the distance." The orc-blood points toward the south.
Rajah is right on Nargon's heels.

Bevin is coming along at a more measured pace with Aram and Girgal.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 59/59, F +11,R+8,W+13

"If you wish. But can you take a small look into the well? With your ability to fly and see in the dark, I should be really easy to check. And if it is something down there, it's ought to be important." Girgal asks, this time lacking any animal metaphor in his speech.

[sblock=ooc]
used Spells: Detect Magic, Enhance Wildshape, Spirit Jaws, SNA4.

Spot+15, Listen+17

Ripclaw has:
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+13, Move Silently+9
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Indeed." The half-orc pokes his head into the covered well, looking down toward the water for anything of interest.

kinem

Adventurer
The deep well seems otherwise ordinary. There is no sign of magic.

When the party explores a bit to the south, you find:

N: The outside is like that of most of the other buildings - plastered and whitewashed stone. It has no other decoration. The door and windows are a shimmering black wood that does not appear natural. (When Nargon checks, these are indeed found to be magical.)

M: This open-fronted building contains an assortment of tools and junk that must have collected at the abbey for many years. In this shed may be found carpenter and stonemason tools, rope, wheelbarrows and handcarts, lamp oil, firewood, wooden buckets, and other common items. Most of the items are covered with dust and cobwebs. A few, like the lamp oil, appear to be used from time to time. There is nothing of great value in this shed.

L: This low building is different from all the others in appearance. Instead of whitewashed, plastered stone, it is covered with dried, red clay. Pressed into the clay at many different points are mystical seals. (They are not magical.)

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20FF17T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5; Words in dark orange
Rajah Al-Qadim Human Dread Necromancer 8, AC20 FF18 T12, HP50/50, F+6,R+6,W+8; Words in yellow

"All in all, a decidedly unusual place, to be sure. Aram, Nargon, Girgal, do you all wish you explore these places in more depth tonight, or have you had quite enough excitement for one day?" Bevin says as he stifles a yawn.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 59/59, F +11,R+8,W+13

"The time for my prayers draw nearer. And I already used some mighty magic and got no sleep sofar. Let's call it a day." Girgal answers, sounding a bit tired suddenly.

[sblock=ooc]
used Spells: Detect Magic, Enhance Wildshape, Spirit Jaws, SNA4.

Spot+15, Listen+17

Ripclaw has:
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+13, Move Silently+9
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aram nods, stretches and yawns. "Sounds good. Let us retire for the night. I will take a middle watch, to allow those of you that are spellweavers to get some uninterrupted sleep."

Leif

Adventurer

Bevin says, "I wll take the last watch and do my studying then as well." He then reclines and is quickly sawing logs.

Rajah says, "I guess that I will take an early watch. My magic requires no such weakness as daily study," he says with an air of superiority.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads