• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X4-5: across the mountains - IC

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: renau1g -- Nice of you to say you liked my rationale even as you were trying to prove me wrong (in a private message). :p Ok, we have a discrepancy: SRD says skeletons are always neutral evil, but the Monster Manual 3.5 says that skeletons are always neutral (MM p. 225). So, kinem, it looks like it's your call. (It was, anyway, of course, but, well....)

Bevin hangs back near his tough friend Aram, and cuts loose on the skeleton with Burning Hands [reflex save (DC 14) for half]. spell damage = 8 :(
Bevin's burning hands damage to the skeleton (5d4=8)

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: I know what alignment skeletons have in 3.5, but I'll let you find out IC should the opportunity arise :devil:

Bevin bravely steps in front of the party and blasts the oncoming giant skeleton with a gout of fire. The skeleton dodges most of it and is just slightly singed.

[sblock=map]
Code:
...XXX,,,,,
.....rgg,,,
....AFgg,,,
XXXXX,B;;,,
    X,,;;;,
    XX,,;SS
     X,,,SS;

. = empty, flat
; = staircase
, = rough cliff face to sides of staircase

gg
gg = Girgal as mace-tail

r = Ripclaw
F = Father Fuller
A = Aram
B = Bevin

SS
SS = Skelete
[/sblock]

ooc: Aram, Fuller, Girgal to act

Leif

Adventurer
ooc: I know what alignment skeletons have in 3.5, but I'll let you find out IC should the opportunity arise :devil:
ooc: never mind, I don't have a reason to know -- I don't like skeletons anyway. (Even if they're lawful good.) :p I was just having fun with renau1g.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14

Leaving behind Ripclaw to protect the other casters, Girgal moves a bit forward and swings his heavy tail at the skeleton.

[sblock=ooc]

Mace-Tail Attack (1d20+7=21, 2d4+7=14)

Str: 21
Dex: 6
Con: 21

Natural armor +17

speed: 30ft

Reach 10ft
trample
tail: 1d20+7; 2d4+7 damage

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (tree stride), SNA 5 - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aram simply goes on the defensive, knowing his scimitars are probably of little use against the thing, and relies on Girgal's tail to smash the big skeleton to flinders. Still, he moves in bravely, hoping to direct the undead's attention away from his other companions.

Move to Skelete's left side, Total Defense (+6 to AC), briging AC to 31

kinem

Adventurer
Girgal's tail smashes into the troll skeleton, causing some minor cracks in the ribs.

ooc: Father Fuller to act

[sblock=map]
Code:
...XXX,,,,,
.....r;;,,,
.....F;gg,,
XXXXX,Bgg,,
    X,,;;;,
    XX,,ASS
     X,,,SS;

. = empty, flat
; = staircase

gg
gg = Girgal as mace-tail

r = Ripclaw
F = Father Fuller
A = Aram
B = Bevin

SS
SS = Skelete
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller will bravely march for and stand next to Aram, interposing his armoured frame between the skeleton and his allies.

[sblock=OOC]
Move SE, SE, to be one square north of Aram
Standard: Total Defense

*I'm not sure what FF's AC is, due to the magical nature of the chain shirt from the vampire, but his AC is only that (low Dex) + the vampires magical (I think) shield.

58/58 HP, ?? AC, F/R/W: +8/+4/+11

Spells prepared (Save DC 14 + spell level):
0 - 6,Detect Magic (x3), Mending, Light (x2) ;
1st - 4+1+2, Protection from Evil(x2), Divine Favour, Vigor, Lesser(x3), True Strike (D);
2nd - 3+1+1, Bull's Strength(x2), Silence, Heat Metal (D);
3rd - 3+1, Extended Hold Person, Magic Circle Against Evil, Searing Light(x2), Haste(D) ;
4th - 2+1+1, Shield of Faith (Mass), Divine Power, Sound Lance (SPC196) Fire Shield (D)
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin "The Beguiler" Rockhammer, Beguiler9, AC:20/17/15 HP:56/56

"Fuller I know you didn't just block my line of 'fire'! :D j/k

kinem

Adventurer
The troll skeleton, finding itself prevented from following orders and under attack, reverts to what comes most naturally to it - it lashes out.

For whatever reason, it chooses Father Fuller as its target. It brings the frosty greataxe down on him with a one-handed chop, wounding and freezing the priest who still has not recovered from his ordeal in the dungeon. It also attempts to claw and bite him but those attacks are deflected by the armor he now wears.

[sblock=renau1g]With the +2 plate armor (effectively half plate due to poor fit), and +1 large shield, FF's AC is 22. Total defense brings that to 26. However, the axe still hit.

Damage is 17 (13 + 4 cold), bringing FF's hp down to 25/58. This includes the effects of him starting off at half hp when the party found him, then sleeping and levelling.[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Code:
...XXX,,,,,
.....r;;,,,
......;gg,,
XXXXX,Bgg,,
    X,,;F;,
    XX,,ASS
     X,,,SS;

. = empty, flat
; = staircase

gg
gg = Girgal as mace-tail

r = Ripclaw
F = Father Fuller
A = Aram
B = Bevin

SS
SS = Skelete
[/sblock]

ooc: PCs to act

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin "The Beguiler" Rockhammer, Beguiler9, AC:20/17/15 HP:56/56

Bevin casts Summon Monster II and calls up a celestial giant bee, which appears in the square directly below Aram on the map and starts buzzing loudly in Skelete's face, trying to both distract him and attack him.

OOC: kinem: roger that, on the bee appearing at the end of the round. [see next post.] ;)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads