• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X4-5: across the mountains - IC

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin "The Beguiler" Rockhammer, Beguiler9, AC:20/17/15 HP:56/5

ooc: Too bad for Bevin that he can not communicate with the creature, and even if he could, the bee has no such capabilities. Summon Monster 2 does not double as glitterdust.
The closest things the bee can do to what you want, are to attack the skeleton (which then has a chance of randomly targeting it, since skeletons are mindless) and to help someone flank.
Just what the spell says about the monster, "attacking the designated opponent to the best of its ability," will be fine. Most bees that I've seen tend to carry on and buzz a bit when they're agitated. ;)

(OOC: incidentally, I've NEVER liked the spell glitterdust so I'm a bit insulted that you would even suggest that.)

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Girgal misses again.

Aram steps past the giant bee, which is buzzing loudly near the skeleton's head, and back onto the staircase. While the skeleton ignores the bee completely, it does have to deal with two armed men on either side of it. Aram takes advantage of the distraction provided by Father Fuller to strike one good blow, though his other swings miss. He chips off a bit of bone - minor damage, though a bit more than he might have expected given the skeletal nature of the enemy.

[sblock=map]
Code:
...XXX,,,,,,,
.....r;;,,,,,
......;gg,,,,
XXXXX,Bgg,,,,
    X,,;;F,,,
    XX,,;SS,,
     X,,,SS;,
     X,,bA;;;

. = empty, flat
; = staircase
, = rough cliff face to sides of staircase

gg
gg = Girgal as mace-tail

r = Ripclaw
F = Father Fuller
A = Aram
B = Bevin

b = celestial bee

SS
SS = Skelete
[/sblock]

ooc: Bevin, Fuller to act

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller will again bash the skeletal troll with all his might, easily cracking a few more bones of the enemy, the attack would be of devastating effect against a living foe.

[sblock=OOC]
Move n/a
Standard: Attack Skeleton with Mace:
Atk; Damage (1d20+6=26, 1d8+1=6) haha... crit :(

25/58 HP, 22 AC, F/R/W: +8/+4/+11

Spells prepared (Save DC 14 + spell level):
0 - 6,Detect Magic (x3), Mending, Light (x2) ;
1st - 4+1+2, Protection from Evil(x2), Divine Favour, Vigor, Lesser(x3), True Strike (D);
2nd - 3+1+1, Bull's Strength(x2), Silence, Heat Metal (D);
3rd - 3+1, Extended Hold Person, Magic Circle Against Evil, Searing Light(x2), Haste(D) ;
4th - 2+1+1, Shield of Faith (Mass), Divine Power, Sound Lance (SPC196) Fire Shield (D)
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Rhun]With the BS Fuller gave Aram, Aram's full att w/-5 CE is +8/+3 (1d6+5+holy) and +8/+3 (1d6+3+holy). Off hand gets half Str bonus.[/sblock]

Bzzzt! The bee keeps trying to sting the skeleton but doesn't control its stinger's aim well enough.

The troll skeleton swings its axe at Father Fuller again, but the armor deflects the blow this time. Its claw and bite don't even come close.

ooc: Skelete hp 38/75. PCs to act.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14

Without having a better idea, Girgal continuous his assault.
(New tactic next round!)

[sblock=ooc]
Mace-Tail AC is 29

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2099377/Tail Swing (1d20+9=20, 1d8+4=6)
Tail Swing (1d20+9=14, 2d4+7=11)
used false damage dice in the first roll.

Str: 21
Dex: 6
Con: 21

Natural armor +17

speed: 30ft

Reach 10ft
trample
tail: 1d20+7; 2d4+7 damage

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (tree stride), SNA 5 - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin "The Beguiler" Rockhammer, Beguiler9, AC:20/17/15 HP:56/5

"Keep on beating him down, Girgal! That's why I hit you with my Heroism spell."

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Rhun]No, plenty of BS around here! FF cast it again on Aram before the battle.

Actually I forgot the negative level.

Aram's full att w/-5 CE is +7/+2 (1d6+5+holy) and +7/+2 (1d6+3+holy).[/sblock]

[sblock=WD]This time only, I'll be nice and let you use the first to-hit roll.[/sblock]

Girgal smashes into the skeleton with a solid blow of his mace-like tail.

ooc: FF, Bevin, Aram to act

Remove ads