X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Rhun

First Post
Aram moves about the camp prior to "bedtime," talking to each person about the days events, what they will find on the far side of the forest, and other trivial issues. Mostly this is done to keep Remus from getting suspicious as the dervish talks to his companions about how to handle the warrior.

Since he can Mindspeak with Girgal and has already talked to Fuller, that really only leaves Jex for input.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jex calmly listens, with a casual look on his face. He idly examines where the ghost dogs bit him before, tracing the memory of the pain with his finger as Aram speaks. With a little smile and shake of his head, Jex quietly says, "Aram, you are taking a big risk. Remus could likely notice you getting up. He mentioned he has a ring of sustenance... Those don't negate sleep, only lessen the need. He does still sleep... While I know this will sound more cold, I suggest slitting his throat in his sleep. Were he in our place, I doubt he would hesitate to do so... And, uh... Thanks for trusting me enough to fill me in."

[sblock=OOC]
No problem. And basically, Jex is suggesting you just coup de grace Remus as he sleeps. Jex would do it himself, but would more likely cut Remus' ear than his throat... :lol:
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

Girgal has to agree with Jex. "Perhaps we should do it all together."

[sblock=ooc]

Would the rules allow a surprise round while he sleeps? Aram could do a CdC and the others stand ready to do a full attack if the enemy is still alive?

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, vigor (lesser) x2 - faery fire,
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), SNA 3, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), baleful polymorph - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57 (-8)
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Would the rules allow a surprise round while he sleeps? Aram could do a CdC and the others stand ready to do a full attack if the enemy is still alive?

ooc: In general, I'd say that should be OK.

You have not come up with a watch schedule, so it would seem that people will keep watch as they each see fit. Note that Father Fuller does need 8 hours of sleep; the rest of you need 2.

So I take it that the plan is to wait for Remus to sleep, then gang up on him, with Aram leading off with a CdG.

You have not set a camp fire.

IC: It is fairly dark*, with a cloudy sky and a chill you feel in your bones. You hear more howling in the distance.

(* Enough so that humans have trouble seeing details without extra light.)

As the night wears on, you hear more howling on occasions. It's easy to imagine the ghostly hounds as the source, perhaps now bent on revenge.

As dawn approaches, the monsters have not shown themselves - and neither has Remus gone to sleep. He sits on the ground, keeping an eye out for monsters. He shows no sign of nodding off.

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: BTW, I assume that Father Fuller is getting his sleep and expects to be woken up before any action is taken.

What now?

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Well, I guess we are left with Aram sneaking up behind Remus and sneak attacking him. If he isn't going to sleep, our plan isn't going to work. Of course, at this point it may make some sense to wait until daybreak. Aram can still surprise him with a sneak attack, and the others will be able to support.

Remove ads