(YBA) Kalath in Wicht's Lair II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

graydoom

First Post
Kalath looks at the empty air, then shurgs and speaks.
"Should I have an opponent, I will fight for Possessions." Kalath looks thoughtful for a moment, then cautiously says: "Possessions, for two yen. But is there an opponent to face me, or am I speaking to no more than a ghost, a memory of tournaments past?"

Wicht

Hero
This arena breaks a few rules but I figure if I can't who can :eek:
- however please note it does abide by its own rules very strongly so try not to cheat it ;)

"Possessions," intones the voice, again from behind Kalath. Spinning back around Kalath is in time to see the floor of the arena begin to move at its far end.

The sand stirs and flows into a shape. A shape that begins to look vaguely familiar to Kalath. As the sand takes on a humanoid form, it solidifies and colors until Kalath is staring at a perfect mirror image of himself. A disquieting prospect.

"2 Yen are at stake," says the voice behind Kalath, "No weapons. No armor. Insults shall determine the length of the match."

Kalath's doppleganger opens his hand to reveal 2 yen. With a movement that duplicates kalath's own mannerism's it tosses the coins on arena floor. Kalath is acutely aware that the image is waiting for him to do the same.

graydoom

First Post
Kalath chuckles. "A doppleganger arena... this shall prove interesting. Very interesting, with what my powers are...."

Kalath throws two yen next to the doppleganger's yen, stores his weapons and armor away, and prepares to fight.

You who are a shadow of me,
I find your daughter to be perfectly hyena-like, your dojo to be incomprehensible, and your karate to be feeble.
Seemingly, you as my doppleganger must have been doing some stuff while I being perfectly virtuous, and you perfectly hyena-like. Obviously.

ooc: What will the move posting order be for this fight? Determined by insults? If so, how?

Wicht

Hero
The double replies in an exact duplicate of kalath's voice...
"I find your geisha to be brazen, your bedroom to be valueless, and your fist to be timid."... and seeing as I am you, I would know!

The disembodied voice says, "The true Kalath may pick the length of the match... the match takes place in the cemetery south of the mouth of hell on the night of the chimera."

You can post last GD until you use your dirty trick as you have the better combat record ;)

Wicht

Hero
just for the record...

Kalath's Doppelganger
Natural Hits: 7

ABILITIES:
Dirty Trick (x1)
Shove (x1)
Chair Shot (x1)
Ki (x3)
Unholy Warrior
Unholy Battery
Master of the Phoenix style
Student of the Volcano

Wicht

Hero
"Two Flags," intones the disembodied voice and at an old judges stand, two flags appear as if by magic.

Kalath's double leaps high into the air overhead to begin its attack, coming down slowly and gracefully with a well aimed kick.

The chimera drifts higher than the vineyard; averts the gaze of the cat!

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
Kalath attacks his double in the chopstick, wishing he had his chopsticks. He attempts to slay the doppleganger, and fends off it attack by dropping beneath the kick!

The chopstick slays the tundra as it swims by the pillars; fends off the gaze of the willow and so it drops below the throw of the rainbow!

ooc: Is it possible to voluntarily switch to going first? I might do that after this round.

Wicht

Hero
yeah - you can go first next, which probably means you plan on doing what I was going to do next. I should have done it first round (though use of your ki would have sufficed).

"Point to Kalath, One flag to Kalath, One Flag neutral," intones the voice. One of the two flags dips towards Kalath's half of the arena.

graydoom

First Post
ooc: If I had used my Ki, he still could have Shoved me. Shove is useful that way. But Chair Shot trumps Shove, therefore....

Relieved at his lucky strike, Kalath kicks some sand in the doppleganger's eyes, and smashes it with a hard blow to the back as it is blinded!

Chair Shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads