(YBA) Kalath in Wicht's Lair II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicht

Hero
hmm, chair shot is certainly unbalancing in a tournament fight...

and I meant use your ki strike in the first round after he had already posted.

"Point to Kalath, Two Flags to Kalath."

With these words, the doppleganger crumbles into dust and sand before Kalath's eyes. But as he looks he sees that the two yen the creature had dropped onto the sand remained there.

Kalath recieves 1 Experience Point

graydoom

First Post
ooc: Yeah, it is, sort of. If both fighters have chair shot, it makes a tournament fight effectively one flag shorter... thus making one-flag fights effectively possible :). And if only one person has it... that makes the fight one flag shorter just for them :). Chair Shot is very useful for that purpose. Look at how Kalath has been using... as a finishing move. That, IMO, is the best way to use Chair Shot, as a sure-fire finisher. The second best use is as a substitute for a Dirty Trick if you're out.

Kalath picks up all four yen and pockets them. "Two yen, not bad. Such a pity I didn't go for more... but I might not have gotten that lucky, and where would I be then?"

"Thank you for the fight, the judging, and the yen, O Doppleganger Arena. Perhaps I will return here someday, and wager more... and perhaps not."

With that, Kalath leaves the arena behind, and returns to the cobblestone, taking the other branch this time. And Kalath walks into the mouth of hell, as it was called by the voice of the Arena.

ooc: BTW, should I add a win to my tournament for this? If so, I'll be the first fighter with a tournament record of other than 0-0 :D.

Wicht

Hero
yeah - I guess you now have the first 1-0 tournament record.

Kalath enters the mouth of the cave at the end of the path and descends down a flight of carved stone steps. The walls are of rough stone and the many torches along the sides make it seem as if the walls are glowing red and yellow.

No alarms go off and no guards appear. At the bottom of the stone steps, the passageway widens into a large cavern room with a sandy floor. Torches also light this room and the air is very warm. 5 goblins are in here, lounging around. Seeing Kalath, one of them snaps to attention and says, "Hey! oo are yuns supposed to be?"

The other goblins pep up a little and move their hands towards their spears. For some reason however they make no threatening move.

Besides the stairs Kalath descended there are three other exits from the large room. One portal is on the North wall, One is on the west wall and one is on the east wall. Each of the goblins has a spear.

graydoom

First Post
Kalath nods his head to the goblin who spoke. "I would be Kalath." Watching for threatening moves but otherwise ignoring the goblins, Kalath walks to the north door.

Wicht

Hero
"Pleased ta meetchya Mr. Kalath," says the goblin that spoke, stepping in front of Kalath, "What I meant was whatchya doing here? Anyone wants in has gotsa have a reason!"

The goblins are holding their spears now though still nto aggressively.

graydoom

First Post
"I just wandered in here, and I'm looking around for a bit. My reason for being here... is simple curiousity. Hope you guys don't mind. I'll be heading on in now. Don't wait up. Or I could stay and play, if you want...."

Kalath rests his hand on his dagger.

Wicht

Hero
"Get 'em lads," Yells the goblin! In response, each of the small monsters jumps to attack Kalath.

Goblins
CR: 1
Hits: 1
Yen Factor: 1
Powers: Student of the Silent Spear,
Student of the hells
Possessions: Spear

Wicht

Hero
The one in front of Kalath attacks with a bone jarring slice whilst the others rush in at Kalath!

Goblin 1: The mantis breaks the lake; grasps the blood of the river and fends off the efforts of the canine!

Goblin 2: The crab storms the caves; reduces the thrust of the stone!

Goblin 3: The dagger assaults the heavens; grasps the foray of the willow!

Goblin 4: The dragon assaults the vale; waves away the gaze of the lava!

Goblin 5: The lotus blossum bows through the glade; conceals the speed of the air!

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
Current Hits: 15
Current Ki: 3

Kalath makes a fiery attack, using his mastery of the Phoenix style to break the temple of his opponent's bodies! He absorbs their feeble attacks like a Phoenix absorbs flame!

Attack (SL +1) at Goblin #5, follow-through to #4, then #3, then #2: The phoenix attacks the temple; absorbs the quickening of the flame!

Wicht

Hero
Good try

Kalath snaps the neck of the last goblin and goes to attack the next in line. However the goblin is just a little more ferocious and whcks Kalath for 1 hit momentarily stopping the fighters attack.

The goblin in front of Kalath also delivers a breaking blow for 1 hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads