• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Yba] Rules Question

2 Questions:
1) Unholy Battery lists Dirty Trick as one of its powers, does this mean that if you have at least 3 remaining chi you will go last, as per Dirty Trick, or do you have to go last in the round in order to use the ability?

2) Since Unholy Battery has Dirty Tricks as one of the abilities it can use, does this fit the qualifications for other abilities like chair shot that use Dirty Trick as a requirement?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Also would it be possible to introduce a Purity of Focus power into YBA? Cost: 3 XP Pre-Requisite- Holy Warrior

I have an NPC/Monster in my adventure for whom its particular appropriate

Wicht

Hero
Lets treat the Dirty Trick from Ki as a second rate ability meaning that if someone has it naturally then they go after the one who has it through unholy battery but if all the natural dirty tricks are used then the person with three ki saved goes last.

I was just thinking about Purity of Focus the other day. We could probably add Chi strike as well. I am going to up the cost to 4 experience from the suggested 3 as these are powers that cancel out other's abilities

Purity of Focus
Cost: 4 Experience (or 4 chi from Holy Battery)
Required: Holy Warrior
Effect: Once per fight per purity of focus known (or available through Holy Battery) and after another fighter has declared a shove, dirty trick or sneaky trick, the Holy Warrior may focus his energies and negate the trick or shove.

Chi Strike
Required: Fist of Fury or Holy Warrior
Cost: 4 Experience
Effect: A fighter may use Chi Strike once per fight per Chi strike known. The fighter utilizing Chi Strike must attack before his opponent. No other powers, excepting Epic Powers, can be used by the fighter using the Chi Strike that round. The one being struck may only utilize Epic Powers that round. All other powers are denied him for the round.

Any problems with these as written? Any other obvious YB powers that could be transfered?

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Sollir Furryfoot said:
It sounds good Wicht, also, do you have to have that 3 ki at least remaining in your pool to act last? (If your opponent doesn't have DT)

yes - if you can't do a dirty trick it doesn't count

graydoom

First Post
Looks good to me. Nothing that immediately pops out as imbalanced. I'll add these powers to the rules sometime tonight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads