D&D 5E Cartomancer Feat

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
So, impressively, even though it doesn't give you a bonus spell slot of whatever level you desire, it is still horribly broken, because it literally lets a Wizard pick any spell on the Wizard list once a day, whether they know it or not.

Thank goodness for the simplicity and clarity of natural language!
But it CAN give a 17th level wizard a second 9th level spell- quickened and semi-subtle'd.

Kurotowa

Legend
The difference here is that you must use the spell within 8 hours. Normally, stuff like that lasts until the next long rest (or longer, in the case of Artificers).
Ah, that's true. I did miss that part. It was late and I was consulting the UA in part, since I'm waiting for the physical release, and that clause wasn't there before. That is indeed an odd additional restriction. Yeah, I got nothing. That's just bloody weird.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
The difference here is that you must use the spell within 8 hours. Normally, stuff like that lasts until the next long rest (or longer, in the case of Artificers).
I would agree that this feat is badly worded, and this is terrible form a record keeping perspective. In practise this will be more until the next long rest and that is probably what I would do. I would also impose a spell slot use on use of the feature rather than preparation for a similar reason.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases