YotZ market research question(s)

Voadam

Legend
I generally look at d20 modern horror modules for adapting to use in D&D (I like supernatural investigation and D&D :) )

I find about half the time the PCs have a patron of some sort who sends them out and half the time stuff just happens to the PCs and they react. Generally a patron means easier built in PC buy in into investigating the plot. If it is something that just happens then I don't always expect PCs to go with the module's expected flow.

1 Generally a group of competent powered people, sometimes working for someone else beforehand.

2 Depends on the plot, the more it relies upon PCs choosing to investigate rather than reacting the more I prefer having a reason for them to be there.

3 I don't mind predetermined roles, but I often change them for my specific ongoing game.

4 I like having a bunch of different options, as long as they can make sense.

KeithCrimson

First Post
I really like the idea of the PC's being criminals to start out the game. When I run my next zombie game (hopefully soon) I haven't decided if they are going to encounter zombies right away or build up to it. I guess it depends on what the players are looking for in a zombie game. Ideally they would start together. An example would be all the players are on the subway for one reason or another when the outbreak happens.

This may not be the correct thread for it but I am unable to locate a printed version of YotZ that I can purchase in the United States. Any idea where I can pick one up?

ssampier

First Post
'You shot zombie Flanders!' 'He was a zombie?'

To be somewhat of a Negative Nelly:

I think one industry professional noted that there is a difference between what people say they want and what they actually buy.

ukgpublishing

First Post
KeithCrimson said:
I really like the idea of the PC's being criminals to start out the game. When I run my next zombie game (hopefully soon) I haven't decided if they are going to encounter zombies right away or build up to it. I guess it depends on what the players are looking for in a zombie game. Ideally they would start together. An example would be all the players are on the subway for one reason or another when the outbreak happens.

This may not be the correct thread for it but I am unable to locate a printed version of YotZ that I can purchase in the United States. Any idea where I can pick one up?

If you can't find a copy in a store or online shop, you can always get it direct from Lulu at http://www.lulu.com/content/169096

Hope that helps

Remove ads