D&D 5E You can't necessarily go back

- As we progressed into Paragon and then Epic tiers I did some more complex things (that were premised upon Solo/Elite action economy rules) in order to properly model the balance of a 5 player group through those tiers.

As to this bit here. What I did was contrive the following encounter power (yes, I know its the same name as a level 22 Warlord Utility Power) and we kept the PC's second initiative (which was base initiative - 10...this is standard for many solo creatures in order to preserve or supplement their action economy). The PCs could use this encounter power once at Paragon tier and twice at Epic tier.

Heroic Surge
Encounter
Free Action Personal
Trigger: Your initiative - 10.
Effect: You may may do one of the following:

- Make a Saving Throw against one effect that a save can end.
- Remove one negative effect that would end at the end of your next turn.
- Use an At-Will Attack Power or a Basic Attack.

Obviously, this power was contrived as a means to allow the PCs to improve or preserve their action economy and thus supplementing the total action economy of the group (in the stead of two more PCs).

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
As to this bit here. What I did was contrive the following encounter power (yes, I know its the same name as a level 22 Warlord Utility Power) and we kept the PC's second initiative (which was base initiative - 10...this is standard for many solo creatures in order to preserve or supplement their action economy). The PCs could use this encounter power once at Paragon tier and twice at Epic tier.

Heroic Surge
Encounter
Free Action Personal
Trigger: Your initiative - 10.
Effect: You may may do one of the following:

- Make a Saving Throw against one effect that a save can end.
- Remove one negative effect that would end at the end of your next turn.
- Use an At-Will Attack Power or a Basic Attack.

Obviously, this power was contrived as a means to allow the PCs to improve or preserve their action economy and thus supplementing the total action economy of the group (in the stead of two more PCs).
So the Warlord gets to grant allies a Heroic Surge

So the Warlord gets to grant allies a Heroic Surge

That is an encounter power that I contrived for all characters in my game due to the fact that we've only 3 characters and we play off of the 4 PC encounter budget formula and use L + 2 as standard. Whats more, they don't have a pure, devoted Defender nor a pure, devoted Leader as well. It helps simulate the action economy of another character and helps preserve their own action economy as NPC action economy denial powers becomes more pervasive through late Paragon tier and into Epic. We do a few other minor things (eg Healing Surge as Minor Action) but that does most of the heavy lifting.

Remove ads