Your Dicebag and You. What makes a perfect Dicebag

Vrecknidj

Explorer
My mother is a professional embroiderer and so I had her make up some bags with dragons embroidered on them. They're very cool.

But, for maximum capacity, I've found that the cloth wine-bottle bags are actually pretty close to perfect.

Dave

scourger

Explorer
I gave up my dice bags for a felt-lined wooden box that opens flat on the table. Thay way, the dice are all on one side ready to roll on the other side. The box actually contained wine tools, but I bought it to convert to my uses. I had a run of bad rolls on an uneven table, so I really value having a true surface on which to roll.

The box replaced 2 bags. One was a soft white leather beaded shaman's bag purchased on a Native American reservation. The other was a canvas bag from a Bahamian sail maker's shop.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I have this horrible, horrible colour palette/theme addiction. So as such the perfect dice bag is the one that colour(s) match the colour palette/theme of that setting being played in. Same goes with dice and everything else :p

It really can get annoying at times actually, lol.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
-Get a leather type piece of material about 1 foot square.
-Draw and cut it to a circle as close to the 1 foot square as you can.
-Punch holes around the circle 1 inch apart and 1/2 inch in from the edge.
-Take a piece of leather lanyard and weave into the holes
-*Length of lanyard needed depends on method, one closure or two
-Tie off ends of lanyard and put a bead of something on the end to stop lanyard from pulling back through the holes.

You can put gromets in the holes to make them stronger, and make the bag smaller if you want.

You would also take and sew the side and bottom of the bag up with two square pieces and have a leather pouch with the laces weaved at the top, but it won't open up all the way and cross stitching is a little longer in making the bag this way.

Oni

First Post
My dice bag is decidedly uncool. Many years ago I bought a gallon bag of dice off of ebay because I was tired of there never being enough dice when I played at college. I've given most of those dice away over the years to people I've played with that didn't own dice of their own. I don't have a ton of them left, but more than enough for a few people to play with if need be, but I don't give them away anymore. Anyway I still carry them around in the ziploc bag they came in. I like the clear bag I can see which dice I'm after without having to get them all out.

Rechan

Adventurer
I still keep my dice in the chessex clear plastic square tubes that the dice come in.

Although I am wanting to start using altoid tins, to organize them more.

Once, I had a beautiful dicebag. A friend actually made it for me; she knitted little green and purple beads, and it glittered and stuff. But I lost it during a move.

Last edited:

malraux

First Post
Because I don't feel the need to transport every die I've ever owned with my, I get by with a pretty small bag. It just needs to hold my cthulhu dice set (which I wouldn't dare anger by using a different one) plus a few d6s for extra rolling.

That said, I have a slightly larger leather bag that I use to hold my dice bag, a short length pencil, extra eraser, small mini transport cube, and a few other bits. That way, I have an assortment of useful items all together.

Thasmodious

First Post
I agree, accept no substitute. I use a strict system of rules, refined over decades of gaming, concerning Crown Royal dice bags.

1. You must first empty the dice bag.
2. A bottle with liquid in it must remain in its bag, for its own protection.
3. Once the bottle can safely be removed, place your dice in the bag.
4. Take care of your bag, keep it in the floor in a corner, use the empty bag as a drink coaster during the game, wet it slightly and use it wipe marker off the battlemat. If desperate, use it for personal hygiene situations (runny nose, split lip).
5. A bag that becomes fouled in any manner is not a proper receptacle for dice. If your bag picks up a water mark, a stain, a bit of bodily fluid, a smudge of ink from a wet erase marker, etc., the bag must be discarded and rule 6 implemented as quickly as possible.
6. Replace your fouled bag with a new Crown Royal bag from the store. Move back to Rule 1.

CrownRoyalBag.jpg

Except no substitutes.

Remove ads