Your favorite TV/movie fight scene

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned yet. How can you top this amazing fight from Dragons Forever with Jackie Chan? It not only showcases amazing fight choreography, but also mindblowing stunts. No wirework, no CGI.

I saw Kill Bill mentioned, but not my favorite scene:

Don't get me wrong, I loved all of the Part 1 climax as well, but the grittiness and dirtiness, yet still skillful display, of The Bride vs. Elle wins out in my eyes.

aco175

Legend
Remember having a great feeling after this scene, until I tried to pick a fight with my older brother.

I was going to go with the Joe Pesci and the baseball bat for the sounds only, but it was not much of a fight. Still makes me squeamish.

fba827

Adventurer
Avatar the last airbender cartoon.
I can’t figure out how to add a video clip

but basically I like those fights because (a) you can ‘feel’ the weight of the movement choreography (b) use environment features in the combat (cover, improvised projectiles, etc) (c) there is ‘movement’ in the choreography such as fights during chases and not confined to a ‘stage area’ as would be in a live action due to production costs for additional locations and moving actors and set etc

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
( @fba827 To add a video clip, you should be able to just copy-paste its URL from the browser's address bar directly into the post. The forum software seems to figure it out most of time.)

I'm a fan of, among other things, folklore. America has plenty of folklore, including lore about "the crossroads."

According to lore, Robert Johnson, considered the father of the Delta Blues, sold his soul to the Devil at a crossroads for the ability to master the blues. It is the American version of the tale of Faust.

This scene harkens back to it and also shows the timeworn tradition in guitar of "head cutting" - guitar duels.

Is this my all-time favorite? No. But it's my favorite right now.
Music fights, reminds me of this.

All-time favorite? I couldn't pick one, so that will suffice.

messy

Explorer
In a movie full of amazing scenes (the classroom, the dojo, akutagawa, chin su ho, and funikochi) the finale is my favorite:

Billy Chau looks like he can kick a tree in half. Oh, he can.

Remove ads