D&D 5E Your Most *Fun* D&D 5e Character

CritNerd

Villager
Variant human - 5 levels of Fighter - Battle Master w/Archery fighting style & 8th level Rogue Assassin w/rapier & hand crossbow. Sharpshooter, Crossbow Expert, Sentinel and Alert Feats. With action surge I can get 5 attacks in a turn so 5 chances for sneak attack and Evasive Footwork, Trip Attack and Goading Attack maneuvers. +7 on initiative, +12 on Acrobatics, Perception, Sleight of Hand & Stealth. I can't be surprised and the advantage against any attacker who hasn't had a turn yet can be devastating with 3 or 5 attacks/round + Sentinel reaction attacks.

blueherald

First Post
The usual DM of my regular group has finally decided he has had enough break time from the player's side of the screen, and real life commitments have eased up enough for him to again run a game, and it will be 5e. He is saying that since we are all veterans, if we want to play something 'weird' we can. I am considering a Yuan-Ti Monk.

"Why yesssssss, it isssss ssssssnake ssssstyle kung fu. Why do you assssssssk?"

orderofthings

First Post
Forrest Gnome, Ranger (Hunter) 3 Druid (circle of moon) 2.

What a fun and ultimately logical build. The DM thought I was abusing the "Minor Illusion" cantrip by making illusory tree stumps and hiding in them with my bow at the ready, but isn't that kind of the point?. The gnome is only 3 feet tall, so he can hide just about anywhere and with his high dexterity score he kills his stealth checks (even though the rules don't actually support this with any size-based modifier or advantage on the roll). The character was my wife's idea and I just had to see how it played out. This was before Unearthed Arcana made the beast-master a little more playable, so I put 2 levels in druid and can turn into animals instead of sacrificing martial ability just to get a pet (which, as a Gnome who can "speak with small beasts" by nature and cast "animal friendship" as a ranger, shouldn't be hard to do anyway).

LarryD

First Post
Okay, this is slightly off-topic, but an encounter during OotA tonight will definitely be adding to the fun for my group's PCs. They successfully hatched four hook horrors, and each one imprinted on a character. One named his "Captain", and another named theirs "Button". The other two haven't come up with names yet. Heaven forbid anything happens to these things during upcoming combat. I have a feeling they're going to be more attached to the hh's than any cool magic item they might end up finding.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Reply to opening post.

my current PC is hands down the most entertaining character I've ever played.

He's a CN/CG level-7 Draconic Bloodline (Silver) Sorcerer with the acolyte background . . . Who is less a member of the clergy and more a frustrated artist.
Frustrated, because he ISN'T proficient in artist (painter's) supplies--although he really wants to be--and so has decided to take out his frustrations by constantly dropping fireballs in combat.

thevcreepers

First Post
Favorite Characters

My two favorite characters were a half-orc monk who always smoked and reeked of insince. Another was a sorta homebrew character which was a half-saiyan druid who was kind of emo and had a buff owl friend.

cmad1977

Hero
Your Most *Fun* D&D 5e Character

Wolf Totem Barbarian. Had a blast.

I DM for a couple fun ones.
Tempest Cleric. Seems like a flexible character who can do anything.
Battlemaster: the player built a Samurai with the BM and he gets to pull off all sorts of cool stuff.

Unwise

Adventurer
Dex-based Battlemaster = musketeer / privateer. Reposte, Disarm & Parry work really well for giving the feel of a fencer. Pistol and Rapier duel-wielding is really cool, as long as you have a brace of pistols.

Doctor Jeckyl / Mr Hydge , A half-orc Psyciatrist. = Moon druid, all of his spells are based around calming, sedating or healing people. They are all flavoured as alchemical concoctions. His beast form is always just him drinking a potion and and hulking out in his feral Mr Hyde form (using bear or great gorrilla stats).

Remove ads