D&D 4E Your plans for 4e

Pbartender

First Post
Radiating Gnome said:
Again . . . the broader audience they're trying to reach will appreciate the simplification.

In all honesty, the sort of changes they're making will suit my group quite well, I think. She's just got a bug for organizing and micromanaging details... I think she'll be fine with the SAGA-style skills in the end, but it'll certainly take time for her to get used to and stop grumbling about it.

Nifft said:
I'd just like to quote that out of context.

:p

phoamslinger

Explorer
Nifft,

on converting your players' characters, my suggestion would be to let them do a rebuild, play the rebuilt characters for 5-6 sessions, and then let them do the rebuild again, from scratch. that way they can try some of the new stuff out without being forced into going down the wrong path forever and ever.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
phoamslinger said:
Nifft,

on converting your players' characters, my suggestion would be to let them do a rebuild, play the rebuilt characters for 5-6 sessions, and then let them do the rebuild again, from scratch. that way they can try some of the new stuff out without being forced into going down the wrong path forever and ever.
Oh yes, preemptively taken to heart. :) That's what we do anyway, since none of us had played at what we consider high levels before (13+).

But, for example, I recently introduced ToB:Bo9S into my game, and have come to realized that it might have been better if it'd been introduced at 1st level, so people could get used to the progression, synergies, strengths & weaknesses of their chosen maneuver-set.

Since 4e may be similar to ToB in many regards, I'm a bit curious how easy it is to make high-level dudes from scratch.

Cheers, -- N

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
What we did for 3E was to run about three sessions where we created characters of varying levels and ran them through a handful of tactical situations (bandit ambush in the forest, troll attacking a mill on a river, etc) with the idea that we would stop and look up rules in order to get things right when needed (as opposed to making a decision and moving on quickly like we ordinarily would). I imagine several of us will get together and do the same thing this time around. This gave us a really good grounding in the system very quickly. I'm really looking forward to trying it out, even if I'm not sure if I'm going to switch.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Kid Charlemagne said:
What we did for 3E was to run about three sessions where we created characters of varying levels and ran them through a handful of tactical situations
So brilliant, it's blindingly obvious in retrospect.

This is exactly what I'm going to do.

Thanks! -- N

Remove ads