Your Second Love

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Dabbled in plenty of RPGs, but probably not as many as some of you other roleplayers.

AD&D 1st Edition will always have a special place in my heart, as that is the system in which introduced me to gaming. I have many fond memories of adventuring under the AD&D 1E banner.

3.X is my second love. Not as a player so much, but more as a designer and GM. The modularity of the game is astounding.

Original Traveller is my third love as it is the second system that got my gaming juices flowing.

Palladium comes in fourth. Meshing anything from the megaverse goes beyond 10 levels of cool.

Last but not least is Mutants and Masterminds/True20. Its adaptability to being used for any genre and flexibility of allowing characters to do just about anything they want is the appeal for me.

Vague Jayhawk

First Post
My Second love is D&D.

My first love was Star Frontiers. Since then I have just been chasing a ghost. I've been trying to recreate the wonder and the amazement I felt playing that little game in my youth.

S'mon

Legend
I actually started age 10-11 with (a) Fighting Fantasy and (b) Freeform, and (c) Homebrew - which resembled Warhammer (that I'd never read), before going on to 1e AD&D age 12-13. After that we played Call of Cthulu, so that would be the 'second love'; then in high school played Paranoia and Call of Cthulu, some Judge Dredd and a little BECM D&D. But 1e AD&D always dominated.

Bluenose

Adventurer
This topic started a fight in my brain between the half that thinks LBB Traveller was terrific and the part that adores RQ2.

The compromise is that they're joint first, and D&D comes in third.

Remove ads