• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Youre favorite style of Elf

Numenorean

First Post
Sigdel said:
First off, please forgive me for any mistakes in this post. I have taken some cold medicine and it makes my head all fuzzy-like.
In many RPG's elves have different looks. Never seems to be a consensus on what style is preferred. So the style I like the best is the one shown in the Warcraft RPG. They just look plain cool. But I hate the way they are shown in the PHB. They look like some Grayling alien/human hybrid from an X Files script that was scrapped due to "lack of talent on behalf of the writer."
So what is everyone else's thoughts on this world shatteringly important subject. Sigdel needs sleep. Loosing fight against cold medicine. Speed of thought slowing to mall-walker pace...

My elves are more like Tolkien elves. First off they are all around human height, they are a loose combination of the image of tolkien elves AND the elf examples they give in the 1st edition/original Monster Manual.

Romnipotent

First Post
To be fair, any image I posted would be innapropriate, but it has something to do with a bed, and liv tyler (not her precisely, but its all I have to offer)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
boredgremlin said:
Not sure when poul anderson started writing but moorcock got going in the 50's or 60's i believe. I love the evil elves. Hard to really translate the evil fey from mythology to the game world. I plan to steal moorcocks melnibone empire for a game one of these days though. In the meantime i use the warcraft elves. I love the story dynamic between the two elf races in that one too.
Anderson started in the 50's as well. The Broken Sword was initially written in 1951, then re-edited and re-released in 1971.

Moorecock, Anderson, Tolkien, they all drew from the same sources to a large degree.

Remove ads