• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Youre favorite style of Elf

darkelfo

First Post
I've put together a nice collection paintings, drawings and sketches of drow elves on my website, Darkelf.org. My personal favorite style of drow is as depicted by Larry Elmore, but there are so many others doing cool work with the drow.

WARNING: Darkelf.org is NOT a site for minors. There is content of an adult nature on that site.

Frostmarrow

First Post
the Jester said:
Elves look like Bjork.

(Because she is one.)

Well, at least she sings like one.

images

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
I like the appearance of the elves in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, though I prefer them shorter than humans. They're slight, but they shouldn't be stick-people.

I have a hard time pinning them down, psychologically-- I like the idea that they're flighty and passionate, but at the same time, aloof and patient. I just don't have any idea how to portray that, especially since they seem contradictory. I like arrogant elves, but not snobbish and condescending elves.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
I have two (known) tribes of elves in my homebrew. The "good" (i.e. the ones that the PCs are allied with) are inspired by the Eberron "death elves", while the "evil" (well, they pretty much are ) elves are very Moorcock inspired. However, instead of demon patrons, they are very involved with the Cthulhu mythos, and many of them worship/try to gain the favor of Shub Niggurath and her servitors. That is one elven wood you do NOT want to go to. Both are very Fae influenced (think of Gaiman's Faire Court). Even the sole PC elf in the campaign (there were some half-elves though), while an outcast, was something of a degenerate and hedonist. Come to think of it, he was a really interesting character in that in trying to emulate human morality, he tended to overdo it, nearly needlessly martyring himself on several occasions, while still maintaining a subtle sort of noblesse oblige with the 'precious humans.'

focallength

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
I like the thin, idealized human elves, and the big-ears elves are fine unless they're like, night elf big.

night-elf.jpg

What is this?! looks like wolverine with pointy ears! Hes got admantium ears!

anyway I prefeer my elves basted in a nice holindaze sauce with the center just slightly pink, for a fresh taste. Also battered and deepfried, makes them pretty tasty as long as you can get past them staring at you while your trying to eat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads