• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You're the Independence Day aliens. What cities do you blow up?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
EricNoah said:
None. As an alien, I would be kind and gentle and oh so cuddly. Not at all the type of alien who would pulverize their opponent into a bloody mass of flesh and raw bone, spitting teeth and fragments of gum onto a world which has become mankind's hell and my glory.
Oh, aren't you're just the cutest little alien species!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
drothgery said:
I blow up the ship with nimrod who decided invading Earth would be a good idea; once you've got a fleet that can cross interstellar space, there's pretty nearly nothing you'd want on earth that you can't get more easily from asteroids or gas giants -- which don't have annoying humans that shoot back.

Unless what you want is Humans, which IIRC is the driving 'resource' behind 90% of alien invader movies.

nerfherder

Explorer
glass said:
Can I nominate Birmingham? Not for any strategic reason, just because. :p

In fact, if we can localise the destruction just to Villa Park, that'd be ideal. :D
And, in that vein, I'll nominate Sunderland. And Middlesborough. And everything in between...

Cheers,
Liam

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Depending on whether or not you want/need fresh water, Chicago might be on or off the list. If your method of destruction has the potential to severely contaminate in the long term, Chicago sits aside the greatest single freshwater resource on earth, the Great Lakes. So, Aliens, careful with those weapons!

Acquana

First Post
If I were a horrid, soulless alien bent on destorying the human race I'd probably start with Rome centered on the Vatican, honestly. Possibly the Holy Land. Go for the icons so they're too busy reeling from emotional warfare to think of throwing Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith at me.

Man, I'd hate me if I were a soulless alien bent on destroying the human race.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mark CMG said:
Chicago sits aside the greatest single freshwater resource on earth, the Great Lakes. So, Aliens, careful with those weapons!

Dude, the Great Lakes are fresh in about the same sense that a pro basketball player's jockstrap is :) It may not be particularly salty, but if you go stick your head in it and take a big swallow, you're likley to mutate into an aboleth, or something...

Xath

Moder-gator
I'd blow up Rhode Island. Why blow up a city, when with the same fire power, you can blow up a state?

Remove ads