D&D 5E Yuan-Ti PCs?

S'mon

Legend
What's your opinion on allowing Yuan-Ti PCs using the Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse version? Do you think they're overpowered compared to other PC races? I felt the Volo's version was overpowered with both magic resistance & poison immunity; the newer version has poison resistance (similar to dwarves but with what seems a more limited saving throw advantage) and spell resistance. I'm less sure if the new version is obviously overpowered, but advantage on saves vs spells certainly feels like a big deal.

There other races with advantage on spell saves in the wild now. We have a satyr PC in our current game, and a yuan-ti in a previous one. I don't think they have ever used their spell resistance. No one has cast a spell at them.

I wouldn't have any issues with allowing a Yuan-ti PC. They can even have a snake-tail if they like.

ECMO3

Hero
What's your opinion on allowing Yuan-Ti PCs using the Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse version? Do you think they're overpowered compared to other PC races? I felt the Volo's version was overpowered with both magic resistance & poison immunity; the newer version has poison resistance (similar to dwarves but with what seems a more limited saving throw advantage) and spell resistance. I'm less sure if the new version is obviously overpowered, but advantage on saves vs spells certainly feels like a big deal.
In general neither version is as strong as a Goblin or MMOM Bugbear IME, so no I do not think they are OP.

There are builds you could use to really leverage their abilities but I think other races get things that are better than poison immunity and magic resistance.

Remove ads