D&D 4E Yuan-Ti should be a PC race in 4e.

Voss

First Post
Personally I'd toss the Yawn Too even quicker than the dragonborn and tieflings. I have yet to see them implemented well, and the fact that they've been 5-8th level humanoids since their introduction makes it even more difficult.

Plus, I've absolutely despised them every time they have shown up. Theres something about the way they are portrayed, their ability suite and the the weird, but sketchy fluff that accompanies them that just drives me up the wall.

@Mercule- actually I largely agree with you. There are a bare handful of aberrations I find tolerable, and only with the serial numbers shaved off. Most lean closer to ridiculous than to unknowable horrors from beyond space and time. And since the poster children have largely been 4-5 saving throws away from a TPK, I've never really regarded them as particularly usable.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Stogoe said:
Half-human, half snake PCs? Yes! By all means, that sounds coolbodacious. But I can do without all the Yuan-ti baggage.

True. Something like the serpentfolk from the Freeport books would be perfect--not so seriously skewed in the direction of evil.

Tewligan

First Post
Wolfspider said:
Tieflings?
Heh - well, I don't want tieflings in my games as a PC race either actually, but at least they're mostly human-looking!
Sitara said:
But seriously, if orcs can become good aligned, drow can become good aligned, socan Yuan-Ti. Let the lobbying begin!
...and I also don't want good orcs or drow in my game - I'm a fuddy-duddy old grognard like that! ;) The evil races should be evil NPC's, damn it! Now you kids get off my lawn!

JahellTheBard

First Post
Yuan-Ti (at least Purebloods) are cool :cool: !!!

I use them in my game ... with their intelligence and wisdom they deserve an important role in all intrigues .. as they can confuse with umans and make proselites, they are fantastic acting in the swadows, behind the nobles !!

Stormtalon

First Post
Yeah, they strike me as a bit too far down the "pure evil" slope to be a decent PC race as well. 'Course, that may be because the last time I DM'd them, I gave them special "impaling spikes of regeneration" upon which they stuck a few helpless humans....

Remove ads