Yugoloth Lore

Shade

Monster Junkie
Shemeska said:
This particular bit was 'published' in Knowledge Arcana #5 over on Wizards, and it's my assumption that it isn't accorded any status above fanfiction, though I suppose I could be wrong. I'm not entirely sure how that's handled and what the status is.

That's a good question, one I've been pondering myself. While it is fan-submitted, it is overseen by WotC, so it does carry a bit of an official aura, and I suppose they can reprint its contents in game supplements as they wish.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Shade said:
That's a good question, one I've been pondering myself. While it is fan-submitted, it is overseen by WotC, so it does carry a bit of an official aura, and I suppose they can reprint its contents in game supplements as they wish.

I'll have to go back and review the terms and conditions legalese that 'publication' in KA carries, and I suppose I could send an email to Penny Williams asking about that (she was the editor for that story). I somewhat hazily recall that they were granted full rights to that one publication in KA, but I don't recall if anything else was addressed.

Granted I wouldn't mind if it was later referenced by someone else.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
BOZ said:
i was reading Dungeon #64, the adventure in which the demon lord Jzzalshrak appears, and i think she had a number of yugoloth mercenaries serving her. i'll have to look that up later.

finally did that. ;) in "Bzallin's Blacksphere", indeed several yugo mercenaries appear, but the only named one is the nycaloth Vzarro.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
an old one i found in my PM box...

Knightfall1972 said:
Hey Boz,

I've been looking through my Dungeon Magazines and found ... In Issue #70, the adventure called Kingdom of Ghouls ...

a named hydroloth named "Frellup" on page 55.

Ripzerai

Explorer
"Zender the Greater Daemon" appears on Adventure Card #13 in the City of Greyhawk boxed set. Because this was a very early 2nd edition scenario (before daemons had been updated to 2e stats, and even before they had been temporarily banished from the game, but after the old Fiend Folio and Monster Manual II had gone out of print) his exact type isn't mentioned, but from his stats I assume he's an ultroloth (he's got one more hit die and 20% better magic resistance than the 2e ultroloth, though, and his spell-like abilities are somewhat different, though overlapping). His true physical appearance isn't described at all.

His main thing is that he's captured the archmage Bigby and is, at the time of the scenario (581 CY or thereabouts), posing as him. I guess it's assumed that the PCs eventually unmask him, but it'd be amusing if they didn't, and the real Bigby is still imprisoned beneath his tower somewhere. If he's still impersonating Bigby in 596 CY he'd probably have had to have cloned himself, though, or convincingly pretended he had.

He's served by a lesser guardian daemon (called simply a Lesser Daemon, but his stats are identical to the 2e lesser guardian yugoloth).

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
awesome! :)

while looking at my Blood Wards CCG cards, i noticed a couple of fellows:
Vadarthar the Ultroloth
Darktome the Arcanaloth

Shemeska

Adventurer
Dragon 351 might have another fiend for this thread, but I don't know what survived edits yet. Once someone has the issue however it'll be worth adding, though it's a bit of a unique case.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Ahem.

This (and the other thread on other fiends) is a fantastic source of information. Thank you all very, very much.

Remove ads