Elysium Squad OOC

Ferrix

Explorer
Fenris said:
Trade ya for the paper I have to write, pardon. Papers

That's only one of my classes. Thankfully all I'm taking now are some pre-reqs to finish up my undergrad, I've done semesters where I've had four 400 (senior level) level classes each with incredibly lengthy papers to do.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Ferrix said:
That's only one of my classes. Thankfully all I'm taking now are some pre-reqs to finish up my undergrad, I've done semesters where I've had four 400 (senior level) level classes each with incredibly lengthy papers to do.

Aye ... sounds like my Master's degree work. In the three years of classes for my Masters, I had 2 classes in which all the grades weren't by way of papers/presentations. Higher level classes are more interested in getting you to apply what you know rather than proving you know the facts. And while its great to not ever have to worry about cramming for tests ... sometimes it really sucks having to read 1600 pages per week and write about 80-100 typed pages worth of papers per semester.

But ... now that I am done and I have the degree ... Woo-Hoo! Never again! Well, unless I go for that Ph.D. But not for many years, I tell ya. Many years! (I have to pay off my debt first....)

Anyway, thanks, Bront. I'll look at it when I have a little more time in a few hours. And you are right - not everything is combat. But I was also joking with the comment about the power level of monks and VoP characters anyway. I've always thought that the power level of a character had more to do with the builder than the class. And hidden in there somewhere is a compliment - I'm sure of it!

Eluvan

First Post
A later start might be good for me, too - like everyone else, apparently, I have essays to write. First one's on the the triumph of New Liberalism in British Government, 1890-1914. Anyone wanna trade for that one? :D

Fenris

Adventurer
Eluvan said:
A later start might be good for me, too - like everyone else, apparently, I have essays to write. First one's on the the triumph of New Liberalism in British Government, 1890-1914. Anyone wanna trade for that one? :D

Sure,
You can pick! I have:

Leucine aminopeptidase regulates defense and wound signaling downstream of jasmonic acid

or

Leucine aminopeptidase potentiates but does not activate wound signaling

:p

Nonlethal Force said:
Well, unless I go for that Ph.D. But not for many years, I tell ya. Many years! (I have to pay off my debt first....)

Trust me. DON'T! :( ;)

JonnyFive

First Post
Fenris, thanks for the headache.... i tried to pronounce thouse...... words..... yea anyway, i'm good for whenever you want to start NLF

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Fenris said:
Leucine aminopeptidase regulates defense and wound signaling downstream of jasmonic acid

or

Leucine aminopeptidase potentiates but does not activate wound signaling

My wife says those actually sound like pretty decent papers to write. All I can figure is something about the white blood cells and how your body knows how to start the healing process?

Anyway ... my wife is actually going for her Ph.D is ancient Roman History with a minor in Medival England and Forensic Anthropolgy.

I tell people she is going to be some weird genetic cross between Indiana Jones and Gill Grissom (CSI). :p

Bront

The man with the probe
Nonlethal Force said:
My wife says those actually sound like pretty decent papers to write. All I can figure is something about the white blood cells and how your body knows how to start the healing process?

Anyway ... my wife is actually going for her Ph.D is ancient Roman History with a minor in Medival England and Forensic Anthropolgy.

I tell people she is going to be some weird genetic cross between Indiana Jones and Gill Grissom (CSI). :p
CSI: Pompei?

Fenris

Adventurer
Nonlethal Force said:

Give your wife my sympathies and condolences ;)

As for mine, close, but there are no white blood cells in plants. :p

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, Background up, only minor fluff left, like appearance, personality, and things like hight, weight, and age, which should be easy.

Let me know what you think NLF.

Remove ads