• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina: Adventurers Gone Wild! (Orsal Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=XP Awards]Elise - 150 RP/Adventure, 200 Time (October, November)
Lasair - 300 RP/Adventure, 200 Time (October, November)
Oirhandir - 250 RP/Adventure, 300 Time (October, November)
Troi - 400 RP/Adventure, 400 Time (October, November)

Note to self: Update Tracking thread with last two awards[/sblock]
Everyone is now 10 GP richer in the morning, Troi an additional 20 gold.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise wakes early to renew and change here daily spells.

Some time later she closes her book, and sets off to find some breakfast, bringing food back for Lasair, Legeia and herself.

Bront

The man with the probe
Sunny awakes around the same time to do the same.

(OOC: I'm assuming Elise didn't take a watch then?)

Legeia tears into the steak and eggs fruit happily.

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir took a watch, then entered trance for a few hours, then rested in camp, idly watching the others go about their business. It was well past dawn when he took out his chimes and played a little, trying to distract himself from the previous evening's events by musing on the nature of magic.

OOC:[sblock]So the party gets back to camp, and then Oirhandir takes a watch, then trances for 4 hours, then rests for 4 more before renewing his spells. I think that makes for a late start on the day. Oirhandir will take his cue from the rest of the party on the day's activities. If they don't have definite plans, he's off to see how Scarlet's doing.[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
Bront said:
Sunny awakes around the same time to do the same.

(OOC: I'm assuming Elise didn't take a watch then?)

Legeia tears into the steak and eggs fruit happily.

OOC: [sblock]As suggested in the first discussions about watches, Elise, and probly sunny, prefer to take the last watch for just such a purpose. Even though I made no note of it :p.
Also, steak and eggs will work, as far as I know, birds have few problems with omnivorism. Though, with Ligeas enhaced intelligence, the eggs are probly out.
In fact, Elise renounces eggs and poultry. Promising never to eat anouther bird related product, for as long as Ligeia shall live.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
LogicsFate said:
OOC: Also, steak and eggs will work, as far as I know, birds have few problems with omnivorism. Though, with Ligeas enhaced intelligence, the eggs are probly out.
In fact, Elise renounces eggs and poultry. Promising never to eat anouther bird related product, for as long as Ligeia shall live.
OOC, for LogicsFate:[sblock]Ligeia is a raven (or ravinoid tropical bird), right? Ravens have been known to eat pigeons, doves, coots, and bird eggs (and that was just from one study!) Of course, they've also been known to ingest aluminum foil, wood, cloth, glass...but then, to a bird, a piece of glass might just be a shiny gizzard rock. As long as they aren't raven eggs (or ravinoid eggs), I doubt Ligeia would have a problem. As far as Elise renouncing poultry, if Ligeia could speak, she'd probably look at a freshly grilled chicken breast and ask Elise, "Are you going to eat that? 'Cuz if you're not..." :D [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ligeia is actually a parrot that is using Raven stats, but that doesn't mean she has to eat what a raven does. Google says:
Google said:
Parrots eat a variety of seeds, flowers, leaves, insects, grubs, native fruits and berries. Cockatoos and rosellas will raid fruit orchards, too. Many parrots have also developed an appetite for wheat, sunflower seeds, corn and other crops.
)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Thank you, Elise. Your breakfast offering is much appreciated," Lasair says with a smile, as she awakens, not bothering to spend the eight hours since she hasn't used up any of her power. (OOC: Although neither have Sunny or Elise, right?)

El Jefe

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Ligeia is actually a parrot that is using Raven stats, but that doesn't mean she has to eat what a raven does. Google says: )
OOC:Ok, I wasn't clear on what kind of bird it was. There was a long discussion in the Tavern thread about that, wasn't there? My memory is fuzzy. Parrots and their relatives are definitely herbivores, so that makes Elise's dietary restrictions much more sensible.

Oh, one more thing. Raven stats for a "parrot"? Ravens are good-sized birds. An equivalent size "parrot" would be a blue-and-gold macaw. That would be pretty spectacular to have for a familiar! Did the tavern discussion ever nail down what color Ligeia was?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I believe she did want a blue-and-gold macaw type parrot (even if those weren't the exact colours, Ligeia is very bright-coloured). That is certainly a spectacular familiar, but it's not overpowered comparatively, since it has no power gain and, if anything, can't be used to scout covertly like a raven because it is so remarkable. I think the use of the Raven was to mimic the fact that the Familiar can speak one language, like a parrot. Probably something other than Appraise would make more sense for a parrot's skills, though)

Remove ads