Ryujin

Legend
About to watch the last episode in a few minutes. Listen to what @JohnF said about "the making of" show and anything else that might be spoilerish, if you want the full impact. I have to admit that the name of the ships had me wondering but then again I'm a computer geek, so that's where my brain goes first.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Watched the first episode.

It is a show filmed so dark that it really calls for a darkened room to see what's going on sometimes - which is a problem, because my wife tends to like to do fiber crafts while watching shows, and she needs to be able to see what she's working on.

Bagpuss

Legend
Careful watching in "English (Dubbed)" (everyone talks English) compared to "English (Original)" (characters speak in their own language with English subtitles for those not speaking English).

The dialogue in the dubbed version hides the fact certain characters don't speak the same language as other characters, and changes the script to reflect that.

Also I hear rumour the plot and stolen from a Brazilian comic artist that was over in Germany trying to sell her comic book just before this got written.

Unfortunately to see the similarities you are going to get spoilers.

Ryujin

Legend
Careful watching in "English (Dubbed)" (everyone talks English) compared to "English (Original)" (characters speak in their own language with English subtitles for those not speaking English).

The dialogue in the dubbed version hides the fact certain characters don't speak the same language as other characters, and changes the script to reflect that.

Also I hear rumour the plot and stolen from a Brazilian comic artist that was over in Germany trying to sell her comic book just before this got written.

Unfortunately to see the similarities you are going to get spoilers.
I only noticed the "English(Original)" option when I got to about episode 6, as mine defaulted to the dubbed version. I was wondering how that played out, so thanks for that.

Bagpuss

Legend
I only noticed the "English(Original)" option when I got to about episode 6, as mine defaulted to the dubbed version. I was wondering how that played out, so thanks for that.

We spotted episode one as the wife (who is Spanish) recognised the priest and his companion as Spanish actors, plus we noticed the dubbing. We switched it to "original", and the priest is saying to his companion as they ask him to visit the boat "But I don't even speak their language."

In the dubbed version that dialogue is translated differently as everyone speaks English.

Remove ads