[4e] Fallen OOC (Full)

eblue562

First Post
@eblue562, I got your pdf, but I might have missed it - what did you spend your 1000g on? Or did you spend any of it?

Hmm. In my own version (on the character builder), I gave Rodeh 300 gold, and just spent it on mundane equipment. I'm not sure why it showed 1000 gold. But that's about the gist of what I spent it on.

This would be a good time to ask you guys to put your sheets (in the format I devised during recruitment) up onto the Rogue's Gallery thread. I'll polish that thread up, but go on and put your sheets there.

Kobold Stew and hafrogman are using the correct format.

I'll get that up soon, hopefully in the next day.

Sparky

Hmm. In my own version (on the character builder), I gave Rodeh 300 gold, and just spent it on mundane equipment. I'm not sure why it showed 1000 gold. But that's about the gist of what I spent it on.

So, just to be clear, you don't want to spend any of 1000g on magic items of any kind. You'll have ~300g of mundane items and nothing else? Slaves aren't allowed savings or personal items. Each of you is allowed a couple small mundane non-weapon/implement thing. Like Rodeh's necklace. You can have hidden away some money, but there's a chance it will be found and confiscated.

eblue562

First Post
So, just to be clear, you don't want to spend any of 1000g on magic items of any kind. You'll have ~300g of mundane items and nothing else? Slaves aren't allowed savings or personal items. Each of you is allowed a couple small mundane non-weapon/implement thing. Like Rodeh's necklace. You can have hidden away some money, but there's a chance it will be found and confiscated.

No, I think something got lost in the translation somewhere. Let me see if I can explain it the way I see it, then you can correct me on it (obviously I'm not following you somewhere, sorry about this ><).

1.When I first created Rodeh, I gave him the weapon and armor he is currently using in the arena (the ones that are on loan), and then adjusted his money to 300 gold per the character creation method you described in the OOC. I was never under the impression that I had 1000gold.

2. For some reason, it showed up as 1000gold to you when you viewed my character sheet, thinking that I hadn't spent any money at all. It's true that I didn't spend any money, but I never had 1000 gold.

3. I went back to my character sheet and sure enough, it said 300gold. I bought a normal heavy shield, normal leather armor, and a normal longsword (I think that's about 50gold or so), leaving the other 250gold intact. As we both know, 250gold is not nearly enough to buy any kind of magic item, and I assumed that since we are in the arena anyway, having a magic item would get it taken away from me.

In summary, Rodeh currently has (at least the way my character sheet looks).

1. Magic Equipment given to him on loan from the Arena
2. Mundane equipment that is similar to the magic stuff
3. 250 gold

eblue562

First Post
Yea, thanks Hafrogman, I appreciate it!

I might not just have understood the gold process when I created the character as well. So that might also be my stupidness' fault.

Sparky

Thanks hafrogman. So, by that you CAN own a magic item if you've been a gladiator long enough. Right. This feels more familiar.

Sparky

No, your gear is not correct.

Rodeh should have:

1 item of 7th level (he does)
1 item of 6th level (he does)
1 item of 5th level (he does)

AND

1000gp of other gear (he does not)

Because of his tenure in the Arena, Rodeh can actually OWN 300gp worth of gear. By 'own' I mean stuff that isn't taken away from him after matches.

With the purchases listed on your sheet (armor and such) you have a total 950gp left to spend.

You can:
- spend all 950 on more gear (magic items, potions, etc) OR
- keep the 250gp worth of cash you have on your sheet and spend 700gp on more gear (magic items, potions, etc)

Clear, hopefully?

Remove ads