[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

eblue562

First Post
Thanks for the comment on the wiki Binder! I will be posting more info very soon. In answer to your question, Jurnae (spelling error in wiki, will be fixed) is the farthest outpost that you have reached so far in the southern part of the as yet unnamed continent. I will have an update post this weekend about other character plotlines and things pertaining to how they party may have met.

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm into Rashka PI'ing with Mialucus, and Caden, if Caden is in.

Rashka would likely bring jobs from the Temple, rescue this damsel, hook these two up, save the kings marriage...

Legildur

First Post
I can work with that. Not that Caden had any altruistic motives in working for the Temple/King etc. It would simply be that he was being paid and challenged.

eblue562

First Post
Third possibility : an indirect link through blood. Could it be that the "big city" we've been talking about is in fact a dragonborn queendom with all nobles being of that race? Could it further be that the team's sponsor mentionned above (who'll need to change his name to fit his new race) is known to Stick/Stick's father/family, either through descendance (family branches), marriage (his mother was originaly from the queendom?) or acquantaince (the duke was ambasador to Stick's tribe in his young age/was the subject of the regular "royal hostage swap" that keeps the peace between the two countries/stick's brother now works for the duke).

Whatever you decide, I think I *like* the feel of a multicultural dragonborn queendom... What do you think, Eblue?

I like it. Give me a few days to flesh out some ideas in my head and read up on Dragonborn in general, and I'll have something for you in the wiki. And also.

By the by, just what species is Stick's mount? Horse, pony, sabertooth tiger, mammoth maybe?
I think it should be .... that. A Horse-poney sabertooth tiger-mammoth.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Here's my take on the queendom, if you want some inspiration:

The greater queendom of Tobeanounced is a multicultural/multi-ethnic grouping of principalities set on the western shores of the home continent. Long ago, mighty dragonborn warriors set out from their cliff-side forts and conquered fearsome tribes of halfing, orcs, elves, goblins, dwarves, trolls, isolated kalashtar enclaves and tribes of smaller giants, unifying them, stiring them throughout the young empire as needed, giving them "civilization". Those were the Conquering Ages of Tobeanounced, which were followed by the Age of Consolidation (also known as the Flowering Age), the Age of Internal Strife and, finally, the emerging Age of [insert current age here; I was thinking Young Kingdoms, where single species human/elven/Eladrin countries start to dominate, or maybe the Age of Ethernal Chaos, where outerdimensional threats are the norm? Don't know what your vision is for the world].

Dragonborn rule Tobeanounced to this day. During the ages they have grown in absolute number but diminshed in overall percentage, so that while they *are* the only nobility, the sum-total of actual land owners (as opposed to tenants or long term leasers) and the highest ranked military officiers, the entirety of their armies is in fact composed of other races, as are the increasingly wealthy merchant and crafter classes. In terms of organization, each significant agglomaration is ruled/administered by a dragonborn Mayor, who answers to one of the thirteen regional Duke (usually also the Mayor of the regional capital) who in term answers to the Queen (also the Mayor of the capital city). Queendom rulers, mostly female with rare exceptions, are usually combat arcanists, able to wield the Orb of Chaos, the queendom's iconic and most devastating artifact.

Nobility has its own gods, which do not care to be worshiped by commoners. The one exception is "Tempus", the dragonborn god of war (in dragonborn form, of course) which is worshipped by all military personel, regardless of origins. His worship and rituals are built into every aspect of military life, his temples are actual parts of military barracks everywhere. Contrarely to other churches, Tempus does not have a separate hierachy : every official Tempus cleric (overwhelmingly dragonborns) is part of the military. The queendom does not make distinctions between police officer, militia men or soldier, all three jobs are carried out by the queen's army, in rotation or as circonstances demand.

The big City: I'm seeing a regional capital set on either side of a wide river. Taxi-boats/ferries and two huge tunnels of brick and stone allow access from one side to the other, dug by elementals and the sweat of inumerable workers. Conqueror's bridge also once spanned the gap but its middle span has been destroyed (natural/cosmic disaster? Civil war/sabotage?) and never rebuilt. It is now a thriving suspended market on the east side and a den of crime/sentient refuse on the stubbier western side. The city itself is a sea of green slate roofs, cupolas and jagged temple spires. Stone is the building material of choice and a millenium-old (slime-based?) sewer system exists on both east and west side.

I think it should be .... that. A Horse-poney sabertooth tiger-mammoth.

LOL

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
And that is why Rashka complains about having Stick around... He's obviously a spy, and Roithe is the evil mastermind.

Remove ads