[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

eblue562

First Post
And that is why Rashka complains about having Stick around... He's obviously a spy, and Roithe is the evil mastermind.

I thought I was the evil mastermind! /sadface

At any rate, I have updated the wiki with your thoughts, Fred, and sketched out a rough draft of the map of this continent. I should have a mini-status update as well as a major update to the wiki this afternoon. I'll post here again when it's finished.

eblue562

First Post
The new IC post is up! We are waiting on Cheub to post his actions, then the new round can begin!

Also, I've added a new update on Wiki at the Locations page. The world is now named, called Reisnea! I've used a lot of (mostly copy/paste) Binder's info and added a few small towns. Sorry about the quality of the image, but you can clearly see Jurnae and The Dustbowl. The large town to the far north is Commanshe, the central city in Tobeanounced. I've have more information up as we go along :D

Legildur

First Post
eblue, before we get to the next round, just checking that you captured Caden's earlier move (after the Deft Strike attack, which allows him to move 3 squares before his attack) to behind BS2?

eblue562

First Post
eblue, before we get to the next round, just checking that you captured Caden's earlier move (after the Deft Strike attack, which allows him to move 3 squares before his attack) to behind BS2?

So it would seem. I'll make the adjustment before I post the newest round. Thanks Legildur!

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Hey there! Updated my character sheet with some equipment and put up a "Histories of the not so distant past" and a character description over at the wiki.

I took the liberty of naming the big city "Samble" and the river that runs through it the Avrige (set somewhere between the Slo and the Swift, of course... Horrible, I know :D).

By the by, Eblue, I'm guessing that blue cross on the northern part of the continent represents four rivers flowing their individual ways from the central point down to the sea, right? Fairly unusual, geologicaly speaking, so I'm guessing there's an interresting story behind it? Portal/Breach into the elemental plane of liquids maybe (Might not always be water that flows out of there either)? An ancient irrigation project on what would otherwise be a desertic peninsula? Say a massive Magma-to-Water transmutation on an active volcano?

eblue562

First Post
Hey there! Updated my character sheet with some equipment and put up a "Histories of the not so distant past" and a character description over at the wiki.

Thanks for the update! I should have my own round update in the IC at some point tonight. Gearing up to work on it as we speak.

I took the liberty of naming the big city "Samble" and the river that runs through it the Avrige (set somewhere between the Slo and the Swift, of course... Horrible, I know :D).

I already named the big city (kind of hard to read), but I can update it to your name. I kinda like yours better than mine anyway :D

By the by, Eblue, I'm guessing that blue cross on the northern part of the continent represents four rivers flowing their individual ways from the central point down to the sea, right? Fairly unusual, geologicaly speaking, so I'm guessing there's an interresting story behind it? Portal/Breach into the elemental plane of liquids maybe (Might not always be water that flows out of there either)? An ancient irrigation project on what would otherwise be a desertic peninsula? Say a massive Magma-to-Water transmutation on an active volcano?

Or a really, really big fire cracker.

Binder Fred

I already named the big city (kind of hard to read), but I can update it to your name. I kinda like yours better than mine anyway :D

Oops, sorry about that. In my head the big city was a regional capital (the "state capital" of one of the thirteen principalities of Tobeanounced, ruled by a duke/duchess and not the queen herself). Since Comanshee was stated to be the central city of the nation, the *national* capital, I thought it was a different place.

So, just so I can sleep tonight, what's the final state of things? Is the big city a regional capital or the national one... or, third possibility, is the big city the nation's metropolis and the national capital is another, smaller, city (tradition plays a big role in determining capital location and that doesn't necessarely match with high-traffic areas)?

eblue562

First Post
Oops, sorry about that. In my head the big city was a regional capital (the "state capital" of one of the thirteen principalities of Tobeanounced, ruled by a duke/duchess and not the queen herself). Since Comanshee was stated to be the central city of the nation, the *national* capital, I thought it was a different place.

So, just so I can sleep tonight, what's the final state of things? Is the big city a regional capital or the national one... or, third possibility, is the big city the nation's metropolis and the national capital is another, smaller, city (tradition plays a big role in determining capital location and that doesn't necessarely match with high-traffic areas)?

Definitely want you to get some sleep tonight. Comanshee is supposedly the nation's capitol of Tobeanounced. If you want to make another capitol somewhere else (a regional capitol somewhere, etc) then you can. I'm basing this off your ideas after all.

Jurnae is supposed to be one part of the thirteen provinces, but something has happened and it is a little ... cut off. You'll learn more as the adventure progresses.

Also, the new round is posted up! The first combat is beginning to wind down, and with some new information opening up about the world, dungeon delving is about to get up close and personal.

Binder Fred

Thanks for the info, Eblue, and one rule question while I think about it : if a power negates all primary damage from an attack, does secondary effects still occur? i.e. If a flaming orb or equivalent is reduced to 0 HP damage or lower, does the 5 ongoing still occur? Same principle as the poison rule in earlier editions, I would imagine : if the sting doesn't bite skin, then, obviously, no poison damage. YMMV, of course.

Legildur, if my mark triggers and I end up in O5, please let me go first next round so you can get combat advantage. Forget that, decided to mark BS2 instead.

Last edited:

Remove ads