D&D 5E [5E] Frog God Games KS of Tome of Horroes

Matthan

Explorer
This had a whole thread which ran its course and was CLOSED. Stop hijacking this thread because you are first off violating the directions given by the owner of this website, and secondly you are making it impossible to discuss products being produced by this company and through such limiting this hobbies ability to grow through the release of new products.

At some point this constant thread hijacking is going to be called what it is harassment.

If you have a comment about this product then please post away, if all you are going to do is use every topic that is about Frog to attack the company then go elsewhere please.

Respectfully, I believe discussing the behavior of the company while they are fundraising for a product is pertinent to the discussion. If a mod feels that it is not, then I will refrain from it. In my view, it is worthwhile to know the reputation of a company before buying a product. I don't wish to sidetrack the discussion with hypothetical situations, but in my opinion, it is on topic to discuss the company when discussing the sale of their products.

I reviewed the prior thread. My understanding is that was closed due to people arguing with one another and resorting to name calling. I do not believe that I have done that here. I have also reviewed the site's rules. I believe this is on topic. If not, I am open to correction.

I do not believe asking a game company to hold itself to a reasonable standard will limit the hobby's growth. I believe that company's with good reputations, good products, and good customer relations will help this hobby grow. Right now, Mr. Webb has hurt his company's reputation and relationship with customers. I believe his actions and the inaction of his company hurt this hobby more than my speaking out against their behavior.

If you believe that I am breaking the rules, then I would ask you to report me to the mods or mute me. I am open to being corrected on this matter and have no intention of arguing with them if they ask me to stop.

They're not themed, unless you count "deadly" as a theme. :D

The idea is going to be that this is the first in a series of books, which they're hoping to produce about once a year. This current Kickstarter is something of a "best of", with probably (according to their %'s) three-quarters of the monsters in this volume coming from the previous Tomes and other FGG products and updated to 5e, then a bit of totally new monsters, and some retooled from Fifth Edition Foes. I also believe they're specifically targeting Rappan Athuk monsters, given that it has its own 5e KS early next year.

I hope it has a full range of CRs and monster types. I have Tome of Beasts which I really like and my own big complaint is I feel it has far too many really high CR unique creatures in it. I am sure they are the most fun to create but they really do have limited use and are not the bread and butter of a campaign.

CatholicFan

First Post
Also, I wanted to throw down a quick plug for Goodman Games' newest Kickstarter. They make some cool stuff, too, and I'm just starting to get into their line of DCC and JG-related products. This is their newest Kickstarter, and it's already passed its funding goal and first stretch goal. It's not

Dungeon Alphabet 4th Printing link

It's not 5e specific, so I hope I'm not out of line posting it, but I think it's system neutral.

Matthan

Explorer
Where?

Nowhere on this forum. It had a thread, that thread went a very long and was eventually closed. That thread was closed not that long ago. Bringing up a topic that was the basis for a closed thread is very likely directly against the rules of this forum. Otherwise what would be the point in closing a thread if someone can just create a new one or hijack another?

You want to impact buying decisions then show some brass ones and post up a comment on on Amazon if the product gets sold there.

Until then everyone here should follow the directions of Morrus when he closed the last thread on this topic and consider the topic to be closed until he says otherwise.

As for an on topic question does anyone know if the book will have a theme or will they just chose the most popular "best of" from the various other older books that were mentioned?

I respectfully disagree. I think the announcement of a new product is an appropriate place to discuss the matter. I have reviewed the prior thread and do not believe that it was closed due to the subject in discussion, but rather the personal attacks that had cropped up within the discussion. So far, I have not read anyone in this thread that is asking for a better response from FGG for Mr. Webb's actions attack another poster. If so, please report that user (myself included) so that the mods may handle it.

If your understanding of the forum situation is correct, then I would ask for you to report me to a mod so that they may clarify the matter for me. I genuinely have no desire to violate the rules of the forum.

CatholicFan

First Post
I hope it has a full range of CRs and monster types. I have Tome of Beasts which I really like and my own big complaint is I feel it has far too many really high CR unique creatures in it. I am sure they are the most fun to create but they really do have limited use and are not the bread and butter of a campaign.

Yeah, I don't know on that front. I would expect so, though, as Bill Webb has said he likes to throw a lot of common animals at his own players because that's what most people are going to encounter out in the wilderness. I'm paraphrasing, but he said something like, "If there were monsters all over the place, there wouldn't be any people." I like that philosophy.

The partial list of planned monsters does contain some that sound more mundane, but there are no CR's attached. For instance, some that sound like they could be lower are "Lizardman (Folk)", "Leprechaun", "Leech (Cave)", and "Hamster (Giant)". That said, I guess any of those could be jacked up to a high CR with the right abilities and stats. I mean, Purple Worm sounds innocuous, but they aren't!

I believe Patrick Pilgrim stated there will be a broad range, though, from CR 1/4 up through some really high CR (don't remember the exact number, but it was up high in my estimation).

G

Guest 6801328

Was there any follow up from FGG or Bill Webb (CEO and owner of Frog God Games) on his sexual harassment of a fellow game designer at PaizoCon this year? Last I heard, Matt Finch had released a statement about "an investigation", but I saw nothing further on any actions taken, or any public statement from Webb.

Here's the story as reported on ENWorld.

Oh, man. This book sounds good, but after reading up on this incident I am hesitant to back this company if this Bill Webb guy continues to be involved. (I really love using Uber, but I stopped using it until they kicked out TK. Same deal.)

CatholicFan

First Post
Oh, man. This book sounds good, but after reading up on this incident I am hesitant to back this company if this Bill Webb guy continues to be involved. (I really love using Uber, but I stopped using it until they kicked out TK. Same deal.)

I highly recommend that, even if you choose not to back the Kickstarter, you pick up some Frog God books second-hand off eBay or something. They're really good, both in content and actual physical quality. I really like their setting, the Lost Lands, which has a really dangerous vibe to the whole place. Their signature dungeon, Rappan Athuk, is getting its own Kickstarter for a 5e version in early 2018, and I would recommend making up your mind before that one comes and goes!

fjw70

Adventurer
Where?

Nowhere on this forum. It had a thread, that thread went a very long and was eventually closed. That thread was closed not that long ago. Bringing up a topic that was the basis for a closed thread is very likely directly against the rules of this forum. Otherwise what would be the point in closing a thread if someone can just create a new one or hijack another?

You want to impact buying decisions then show some brass ones and post up a comment on on Amazon if the product gets sold there.

Until then everyone here should follow the directions of Morrus when he closed the last thread on this topic and consider the topic to be closed until he says otherwise.

As for an on topic question does anyone know if the book will have a theme or will they just chose the most popular "best of" from the various other older books that were mentioned?

The Amazon idea is a actually a good one. I hadn't considered that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Remove ads