[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Yep. Dress like dwarves and walk with confidence past the turrets. If anyone has any meed in their rucksacks, now is the time to use it!

Sanzuo

First Post
GM: Sorry about my extended absence, everyone. Between the excitement of finals and a trip across the country I've been kind of out of it.

I'm prepared to finish this if everyone's still down. Since I've been out for a while I'll wait to hear the replies from everyone who's left and we'll continue on.

After clambering into the large nest, the party initially spots the remnants of large broken eggshells, enormous feathers, and nothing else... until they find, buried beneath a pile of doun, a complete unbroken egg. It weights approximately 50 pounds.

[sblock=Nature DC 20]An egg this large can only belong to the legendary roc. A gigantic bird of prey that roosts in high mountains.

An unspoiled, fertile egg would fetch a hefty price to the right buyer. The only way to tame a roc is to have it imprint on a trainer at birth. Though stealing roc eggs is... notoriously dangerous.[/sblock]

Once the party has finished investigating the nest, they set to the task of donning the dusty dwarven uniforms they found in the previous room.

The "uniforms" consist of simple breeches, tunics, and brightly-colored surcoats. The material they are made from is unidentifiable except that it is some kind of odd-smelling fabric. Rat hair? Who knows.

The breeches and tunics look comically broad and short on the mostly human-sized party. Looks all around make everyone wonder about the lucidity of this plan.

GM: Short Rest if you haven't yet.

Some time later the party cautiously re-enters the barracks, watching for the turrets. They are startled by the sudden appearance of a bolt sticking in the door frame.

crossbowturret.jpg

Oi! We told you that...

crossbowturret.jpg

Wait! That's the guard! Lookit the uniforms!

crossbowturret.jpg

Cripes! Sorry! Where have you been? Don't you know there are intruders??

[sblock=Map]
battle04map06.png
[/sblock]

Cute-Hydra

First Post
"Position yourselves to attention you worms! Of Course we know there are intruders, we just had to damn well gut them ourselves, so we came down here to find out why they got past you two!. WELL?

OOC: Roll Lookup +3 = 14Bluff check

Someone

Adventurer
"They already think we're dwarves. Perhaps a less confrontational approach would be better?" says Shale telepathically.

"Precisely we're looking for them" continues, this time talking out lout. "They have found a way to go into the fortress, so less talk and let's move"

OOC: Bluff +9 or diplomacy +11, whichever is more appropiate

Cute-Hydra

First Post
"I didn't want them to have a chance to question us.. considering our disguise is sub par at best. Hence a desire to keep them on the defensive."

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I'm leaving town tomorow for an undeterminate amount of time. Internet access and time to post not guaranteed. Please NPC me while I'm AWOL

Remove ads