[Adventure] Rage of the Savage Lands (DM: Dekana, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Mewness

First Post
"Of course, my dear," says "Harold" smoothly, looking over the map. "So this is where your people live?" he asks, indicating the hut-things at the center. "What is the significance of these other places? Will we be traveling to any of them?"

Dekana

Explorer
"Right, that's the swamp." Toeto hovers over the map and points out various features. "Let's see... that's the softskin port to the south... and the Blackscales to the north. I'm not sure about the things on the sides. They look like monsters... A-Anyway, I don't think we have to make any detours from the swamp. I hope not" she adds with uncertainty.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry if I'm posting a little slowly here. I'm a little distracted with The Old Republic coming out, hehehe.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Oh maps! Beatrice says happily. I love maps! Don't worry about monsters dear, we can take care of them.

If the others are not too busy to help that is she says sarcastically, still remembering that she did not get any help with dinner.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Oh maps! Beatrice says happily. I love maps! Don't worry about monsters dear, we can take care of them.

If the others are not too busy to help that is she says sarcastically, still remembering that she did not get any help with dinner.
Damen had looked at the map, shrugged, and then sat back, already taking out his folio. This one was The Glasston Strangler Strikes Twice!. At Beatrice's scolding regarding dinner, Damen shrugged again and kept reading. Beatrice, I kill things. I don't cook.

Luinnar

First Post
Damen had looked at the map, shrugged, and then sat back, already taking out his folio. This one was The Glasston Strangler Strikes Twice!. At Beatrice's scolding regarding dinner, Damen shrugged again and kept reading. Beatrice, I kill things. I don't cook.
Then you need to learn dear. she says with a huff.

Those trashy fiction novels rot your mind. Real men experience their own stories!

OOC: Too many purple font characters, I used the wrong one!

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Mysterious sickness, travelling in a swamp... are you trying to make us fall sick?" replies Jarel-karn. "You'll have a hard time with me anyway."

Dekana

Explorer
"Mysterious sickness, travelling in a swamp... are you trying to make us fall sick?" replies Jarel-karn. "You'll have a hard time with me anyway."
OOC: Why? Is Jarel-karn immune to disease? :devil:

"I understand if you're nervous. I-I am too... But I wouldn't have asked for help i-if I thought this was a s-suicide mission. If you decide against the risk, well... you can stay in the human port when we arrive. You'll miss out on the reward, though."

---

A full week passes with little change in the daily routine. On the 12th day of the trip, while the adventurers mill about on the deck (or elsewhere), Captain Soule can be seen spending an unusual amount of time staring ahead with his spyglass. Not long after, it becomes clear why: a huge bank of fog lies in the path of the the Bloated Whale.

The captain passes the word to his subordinates, and within a few minutes, the every sailor on board has assembled on the deck to hear him speak. The passengers, too, are requested to attend.

Captain Soule stands at the ship's wheel and clears his throat before speaking. "All right men. We've all sailed together; you all know your duties, and I know you will all perform them with the same professionalism as I've come to expect. But for the sake of esteemed guests, I want to explain the rules from here on out."

"Once we enter the fog, there is to be silence and darkness on deck; no calls, and no torches at night. The savage isle is shrouded in that mist, and you can be sure there will be a thousand eyes on the shore watching for visitors. Our watches will be doubled, and every man not on sailing duty is to have a cutlass with him at all times. We will continue as such until we reach port." Here, the captain addresses the heroes directly. "I do not mean to alarm; these are just precautions, you understand. The savages are poor enough fighters against an armed enemy, and we will endeavor to stay out of their sight entirely."

"They ain't never fought us when we had a giant aboard, neither!" calls one of the younger sailors in the rear, provoking a round of laughter and similar boasts from the crew.

Luinnar

First Post
Never fear dears, I'm used to strange mists and fog! Beatrice says remembering her time in Ravenloft. If anything leaps on board for a bite, or wants to take you home for one you just smack him on the head with a blunt object and be on your way.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Hard, not impossible, like having an Endurance of +19...

Jarel-karn nods at the captain warning. "Toeto, I'll stay near you for the rest of the travel. I have been employed as bodyguard before, and I would dislike to see you falling first."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Those trashy fiction novels rot your mind. Real men experience their own stories!
Damen smiles daggers. Which is why I am here, dear lady. And to shoot fools, of course.

Later...
"I do not mean to alarm; these are just precautions, you understand. The savages are poor enough fighters against an armed enemy, and we will endeavor to stay out of their sight entirely."
Damen shrugs and loosens the strap on his holster. Give me a sightline and nothing will pass you in the dark. It is of no hinderance to me.
OOC: The joys of dark vision. ;) Damen will volunteer to spot from the crows nest.

Remove ads