[Adventure] Rage of the Savage Lands (DM: Dekana, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Luinnar

First Post
"Toeto, my dear, whatever has gotten into you?" asks "Harold," looking worried, although his voice is calming and smooth. "This isn't like you at all--now, now, put that thing away, there's a good girl. Sprout would be terribly disappointed if you murdered all your friends, wouldn't he? Or she. It. There's no need for that"--he turns to Beatrice--"she's a shaman, a healer, you silly old thing, and hardly a threat to you!"
And I'm an old women, but I can hold my own in a scuffle. Don't worry dear, I just knocked the wind out of your friend. she says.

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn draw his sword and move between Toeto and Cody. He uses his magic to mark Toeto. "Calm down Toeto, there is no reason to fight for the moment." He then look at Cody. "Stay behind me and do nothing."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Darn Jarel-Karn, taking credit for Damen's perception roll! :devil:
Damen, upon seeing their employer go crazed, calls down, Don't kill her, she has the money! Then he taps his chin as if thinking about that statement. Shaking his head clear, he keeps his eyes on the horizon: Wouldn't want to get attacked while distracted.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Bah, I did mean Damen. I'll edit that.

Beatrice hits Toeto solidly on the head with her sword. The lizardfolk crumples to the heap and remains still. She can't hear Scarmiglione as he speaks, but what he said is true: she's not a threat anymore.

Cody steps back in surprise, trips over himself, and falls onto his rear. Astonished, he asks "Wh-what was that all about? Was she about to hit me? No offense mates, but yer friend ain't right in the head! ... 'Ey, is she dead?"

Toeto's tail moves slightly and she groans loudly in pain. With her eyes still closed, she murmers "Kill... you all..."

Beatrice easily finds a spool of unused rope on the ship deck. She doesn't have any trouble tying up the shaman while she's unconscious.

[sblock=Luinnar]That is, you did mean to tie her up, right? Not hang her? ;)[/sblock]
In the meantime, the ship clears the fog and pulls into port. Cay Harbor becomes fully visible. The city is surrounded by the ocean, by vertical cliff walls towering above the city on either side, and by a thick stone wall on the far side (it seems that's the only land access). The city itself is divided by smaller walls into four or five different wards. Finally, an imposing fortress sits in the center of town. All in all, Cay Harbor has a decidedly martial appearance to it.

The captain stands at the quarterdeck as he brings the ship alongside a pier. He calls down to the party, "What's going on down there?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen climbs down the rigging and ignores the party on deck, instead making a bee-line for their "quarters". He goes through everything of the lizard woman's, looking quickly for anything that may help them in their quest... assuming she left something behind. He felt their time on board would be ending soon.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Luinnar]That is, you did mean to tie her up, right? Not hang her? ;)[/sblock]
OOC: Yep, Beatrice wants those magic items Toeto promised (plus she is not that mean);)

The captain stands at the quarterdeck as he brings the ship alongside a pier. He calls down to the party, "What's going on down there?"
Nothing dearie. Beatrice calls out, lifting up the lizardwomen with surprising strength for somebody her size and age. Just a little disagreement. When shall we hit land?

Let's put this poor dear where she can be more comfortable shall we?
she says to the party.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Happy holidays everyone! We'll continue with the game at the start of January (when I get back from vacation). See you in 2012!

Dekana

Explorer
Damen finds Toeto's backpack still in the guest quarters, wrapped on one of the table chairs. It contains her ritual book, the map, and a standard adventurer's kit of assorted supplies.

Nothing dearie. Beatrice calls out, lifting up the lizardwomen with surprising strength for somebody her size and age. Just a little disagreement. When shall we hit land?

Let's put this poor dear where she can be more comfortable shall we?
she says to the party.
"When? We're there" the captain says. He points to the pier, which the ship is just pulling alongside. Cody lifts himself from the ground, makes a confused bow to Beatrice, and then sets off to help other sailors tie up the ship.

Remove ads