[Adventure] Rage of the Savage Lands (DM: Dekana, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Dekana

Explorer
After the crew exchanges a few more boasts, the captain dismisses the crew to resume their duties. Damen joins three other spotters on the crow's nest while Toeto and Jarel-karn stand at the bow looking forward. The ship continues on its course and sails directly into the fog bank. A man standing at the bow can hardly see the aft of the ship through the thick mist.

True to the captain's orders, the ship becomes deathly quiet. All that's audible is the ship cresting through the water, and one can't help but wonder if even that will be loud enough for one of the savages to hear.

Although the ship must move slowly because of the thick fog, the appearance of the Savage Lands still comes as a surprise when it suddenly becomes visible.

foggy_misty_island.JPG

The captain, now at the steering wheel, immediately turns the ship to starboard. The Bloatedwhale crests through the still waves parallel to the coast, just barely within sight of land the entire time. It continues on like this for a surprisingly long time; several hours pass as the ship dances in and out of the fog to get its bearings.

Around noon, Toeto raises her arm and points to the coast. She says (much too loudly), "There! They're coming at us!" All eyes look to the coastline, but at this distance and with the heavy fog, it's a wonder the lizardfolk could even see her snout in front of her.

[sblock=Perception 22]Near the shore, you can see a set of rocks jutting out the of waves in a long line. It kind of looks like a longboat at this distance.
You don't see anything else.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The drow squints. He quickly speaks to those in the nest with him, but lowly Seems to be rocks, not a boat. He looks below, and in a heavy stage whisper, adds, Rocks, not attackers. At least if you didn't wake a few!
OOC: Perception: 25

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
I told you it was not a vampire! Beatrice says to a nearby sailor. Silly man!

Just don't hit the rock and we will be fine. she adds.

Dekana

Explorer
Toeto protests, though not as loudly as before. "I'm t-telling you, I saw them."

Despite Toeto's warning, Damen seems to be right. The "longboat" isn't going anywhere, and no other threats are visible from the crow's nest. Several minutes pass and no attack materializes. The shaman, thinking she'll die from embarrassment, retires to the cabin.

Three more tense hours go by as the ship sails along the hostile coast. Every shadow, every movement on the shore is a potential enemy. At one point, Beatrice swears she sees a humanoid dashing from the beach and deeper into the forested island. Finally, Damen spots something definitively real: civilization. Far in the distance, he catches a glimpse of manned pier through a pocket of the fog. When he alerts the other spotters, they confirm that the ship has arrived at Cay Harbor.

And that's when Toeto returns to the deck. Right away, the party can see that something is wrong. The lizardfolk glances rapidly at every crewmember around her, and she jumps back in fear from a young sailor who gets a little too close. Beatrice recognizes the young man as Cody, from the kitchen before. "Y-You monsters! How'd you get here?!" she yells as loud as she can.

Cody raises a hand in an offer to help. "-Ey, are you a'right, miss?" he asks.

Toeto looks directly at Eithal. "Gods, what did you do to her?!" She looks back at Cody and draws her mace.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Oh dear me, we are in a pickle! Beatrice says shaking her head. It looks like this one has caught the disease. Better subdue her before she does something rash.

Sorry dear, this hurts me more than it hurts you. Beatrice says kindly. She then charges with surprising speed, beaning Toeto over the head with her sword, kicking her in the shins and knocking her to the ground. Anyone got any rope? She says.

OOC: Ardent Strike +risky charge 31 vs AC, 31 non-lethal damage and Toeto is prone and under divine sanction.

Sorry Toeto ;)

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
"Toeto, my dear, whatever has gotten into you?" asks "Harold," looking worried, although his voice is calming and smooth. "This isn't like you at all--now, now, put that thing away, there's a good girl. Sprout would be terribly disappointed if you murdered all your friends, wouldn't he? Or she. It. There's no need for that"--he turns to Beatrice--"she's a shaman, a healer, you silly old thing, and hardly a threat to you!"

OOC: Diplomacy check to calm Toeto down and get her to recognize her friends: Diplomacy (calm Toeto down)
16(1d20) +14 = 30

Remove ads