[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: I think the auto actions are technically done by the DM (if I'm not mistaken), so that is why I did not specify where it is pulled :)

OOC: I don't know what you mean by an auto action. All PC actions and effects are handled by the player, including forced movement by their powers. If you are talking about the summoned creature's Instinctive Effect action, the first attack is not an instinctive effect attack. It is a standard action attack that also happens to be used for instinctive effect attacks. But, forced movement for player powers are handled by the player (as are all aspects of a player's powers). I'll only step in if the player does something illegal for some reason. For example, since these Humans do an Immediate Reaction when they get pulled in, you can control Tigger's pull so that it does not pull a Human next to itself.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I don't know what you mean by an auto action. All PC actions and effects are handled by the player, including forced movement by their powers. If you are talking about the summoned creature's Instinctive Effect action, the first attack is not an instinctive effect attack. It is a standard action attack that also happens to be used for instinctive effect attacks. But, forced movement for player powers are handled by the player (as are all aspects of a player's powers). I'll only step in if the player does something illegal for some reason. For example, since these Humans do an Immediate Reaction when they get pulled in, you can control Tigger's pull so that it does not pull a Human next to itself.
OOC: Yeah I meant the Instinctive Effect action :)

I did not want Christina to use an action point, does she get to command the giant toad on the same turn she summoned it with the same standard action?

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: KarinsDad, if Baern is standing on top of a green crate, could he make an athletics check to jump onto the catwalk? It is only another 5 feet up (DC 18?)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry, that wasn't clear in my post. As long as the PC is moving up, it's two squares of movement to move from the floor onto a yellow crate, two squares of movement to move from a yellow crate to a red crate, two squares of movement to move from a red crate to a green crate, and three squares of movement to move from a green crate up onto the catwalk (2 squares of movement to climb up the height and 1 extra square of movement any time someone tries to leap or climb over the railing in either direction). If someone doesn't follow a yellow to red to green to catwalk path and climbs from floor to green to catwalk, it's the same overall movement (9 total squares), but it also requires the DC 18 athletics check that I posted since the PC is actually climbing straight up the sides of the highly stacked crates.

So to answer your question, it doesn't require a check to go from green to catwalk. It requires 3 squares of movement. This assumes that the green crate square is adjacent to the catwalk. Leaping a square or more across from a distance would take an appropriate Athletics check.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern acknowledges the danger of the nearby zombie, he focuses on the immediate threat and swings Claw at it. Seeing that it is dazed by Nyar's spell, the ranger climbs up two crates nearby.

[sblock=actions]Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Z3
Standard: MBA on Z3 if hit does 18 damage
Move: Walk ->M7->N8->N9 (2 squares)->N10
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally)

Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:23 Insight: 16
AC: 21 NAD:19/15/17
HP: 48/62 Surges: 6/8 Surge Value: 14 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness, Serpentine Dodge, Lashing Leaves
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe, Snarling Wolf Stance

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads