• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Maure Castle 3.5 OOC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
For all players, whenever you feel like you are ready for me to give your character a final pass, please make a new post containing your character's stats. I don't want to have to hassle with going back through old posts to find the most recent version. A link to the stats is also sufficient.

Rhun

First Post
For all players, whenever you feel like you are ready for me to give your character a final pass, please make a new post containing your character's stats. I don't want to have to hassle with going back through old posts to find the most recent version. A link to the stats is also sufficient.

Sound good. I hope to have my PC finished this evening.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=1322]Rathan[/MENTION], I have some comments.

1) I strongly recommend you max out your ranks in both Search and Disable Device. Not every trap in this dungeon can be disarmed with a skill check, but for those that can, you will definitely want to be able to do so reliably.

2) I'm not sure how you managed to get so many Knowledge skills as class skills. Rogues get only Knowledge (local).

3) This is also just a suggestion, but considering you will have difficulty dealing damage to undead and constructs, perhaps you might like to consider a +1 undead bane shortsword and a +1 construct bane shortsword instead of two +2 shortswords. Plants and oozes are the same story, but tend to be less frequent foes. You should also consider making one alchemical silver and another adamantine or at the least cold iron. I know you will generally rely on sneak attack to get over DR, but an extra 5-15 points is an extra 5-15 points. I recommend a +1 silver undead bane shortsword and a +1 adamantine construct bane shortsword. You could also just go for straight damage with shock, frost, etc. but I think shoring up your weaknesses is more important.

4) Do you really think you need the helm of comprehending languages and reading magic when there is both a wizard and a cleric in the party? I'd think you have better ways of spending your gold.

Everything else seems to be in order.

Rhun

First Post
BRISARION KELUSTUS
(PARAGON OF HEIRONEOUS)

Neutral Good Human Male Cleric 12 (OF Heironeous)
XPs:
[sblock=Experience Tracker]
Start [/sblock]

Height: 6 ft
Weight: 190 lb.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair

STR: 16 [+3] (4 points, +4 enhancement)
DEX: 12 [+1] (4 points)
CON: 14 [+2] (6 points)
INT: 10 [+0] (2 points)
WIS: 23 [+6] (10 points, +3 level increase, +4 enhancement)
CHA: 14 [+2] (6 points)

HP: 81 (8 + 49 + 24 CON)
Armor Class: 26 (10 base + 11 armor + 3 shield + 1 deflection + 1 dex)
- Flat-footed AC: 25
- Touch AC: 13

Initiative: +1
BAB: +9/+4
Atttack:
- +1 shocking longsword +14 (1d8+4+1d6 shock/x2on20) [can make 2nd attack at +14 as a move action]
- Masterwork longbow +11 (1d8+3/x2on20) [can make 2nd attack at +11 as a move action]

Speed: 30' (40’ base)

FORT: +13 (8 base, + 2 con, +3 resistance)
REFL: +10 (4 base, + 1 dex, +2 feat, +3 resistance)
WILL: +17 (8 base, + 6 wis, +3 resistance)

Abilities:
- Human Bonus Feat
- Human Bonus Skill Points
- Aura: Overwhelming Good Aura
- Turn Undead 9/day
- Spellcasting
- Spontaneous Casting (Cure)
- Domain Powers

Feats:
1st Level
- Lightning Reflexes
- Extra Turning
3rd Level
- Divine Armor
6th Level
- Skill Focus (Concentration)
9th Level
- Spell Penetration
12th Level
- Shield Specialization

Skills:
- Concentration +20 (15 ranks, +2 con, +3 skill focus)
- Diplomacy +17 (15 ranks, +2 cha)
- Heal +15 (10 ranks, +5 wis)
- Jump +08 (0 ranks, +3 str, +5 competence)
- Knowledge (Arcana) +05 (5 ranks, +0 int)
- Knowledge (Religion) +15 (15 ranks, +0 int)
- Spellcraft +12 (10 ranks, +0 int, +2 synergy)

Languages:
- Common
- Old Oeridian (2 skill points)
- Gnoll (2 skill points)

Weapon Proficiencies
- Basic Weapons
- Heavy Blades
- Bows

Equipment:
Armor & Shield
- Full Plate +3 (10650gp)
- Heavy Darkwood Shield (267gp)

Melee weapons
- Vile Silencer, longsword +1 shocking, adamantine (11,315gp)
-

Ranged weapons
- Composite Longbow, masterwork, +3 STR rating (700gp)
- 20 cold iron arrows (41gp)
- 20 silver arrows (41gp)
- 5 adamantine arrows (300gp)

Magical Items
- Periapt of Wisdom +4 (16,000gp)
- Belt of Giant Strength +4 (16,000gp)
- Handy Haversack (2000gp)
- Ring of Sustenance (2500gp)
- Boots of Striding & Springing (5500gp)
- Cloak of Resistance +3 (9000gp)
- 2 Wands of Cure Light Wounds (1500gp)
- Rod of Extend, Lesser (3000gp)
- Scroll [Divine] of Raise Dead (6125gp)
- Scroll [Divine] of Neutralize Poison (375gp)
- Ring of Protection +1 (2000gp)
- Bracer of Pale Flame (Simple bracer w/continual flame enchantment, 50gp)

Equipment
- Explorer’s Outfit x3
- Cleric’s Vestments x2
- Bedroll
- Flint & steel
- Beltpouch
- Wineskin

Other Goods & Gear
-

Weight Carried:
Remaining money: 636 gp

Spellcasting
Domains: Good, War
- Good: +1 caster level on all spells with Good descriptor.
- War: Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longsword), Weapon Focus (Longsword)

Spells Per Day:
- 0-Level: 6
- 1st Level: 7+1 domain
- 2nd Level: 6+1 domain
- 3rd Level: 5+1 domain
- 4th Level: 4+1 domain
- 5th Level: 4+1 domain
- 6th Level: 3+1 domain

[sblock= Typical Spells Prepared]
- 0-Level: Detect Magic x 2, Create Water, Light x 2,
- 1st Level: Bless, Command, Remove Fear, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Obscuring Mist, Doom + Protection from Evil
- 2nd Level: Consecrate, Hold Person x 2, Lesser Restoration, Silence, Resist Energy + Spiritual Weapon
- 3rd Level: Daylight, Invisibility Purge, Magic Circle vrs. Evil, Summon Monster III, Dispel Magic + Magic Vestment
- 4th Level: Freedom of Movement, Summon Monster IV, Dismissal, Divine Power + Holy Smite
- 5th Level: Break Enchantment, Righteous Might, True Seeing, Symbol of Sleep + Flame Strike
- 6th Level: Banishment, Heal, Heroes Feast + Blade Barrier[/sblock]

Description
Brisarion is a handsome, athletic man. Even were it not for his armor and blade, it is obvious from the way he moves and the scars he bears that he is trained combatant. He wears his wavy blonde hair almost to shoulder length, and he has piercing emerald-hued eyes. While he has several scars upon his face, these do not detract much from his handsome features, and indeed add character.

Background
In Progress

I just need to finish his background, and spend his remaining gold (1600 or so is all).

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
You are correct Sir on the skill points.. I thought they were all on scope with rogue... I was incorrect... I need to change that... that could limit me a bit on the knowledge category,. More than likely I will keep most of them.. they just won't be as high a score :/

EDIT: Fixed... I think LOL

As far as the swords go... loosing +1 to hit and damage is not so bad as to overcome weaknesses... however can you price those swords for me so I can see how much or less I'm looking at please?

EDIT: NM... I found them... fixed....

As for the helm... I had nothing else going for the head and I like know what some kobold is creaming at me in a language he thinks I can't understand LOL. That's the sole reason I took it really. Than and in an ancient dungeon... it's nice to be able to read things your fellow companions cannot. However I might have to ditch it in order to pay for the newly hashed out ideas for the swords, as I only have about 500 gold left to my name heh.

EDIT: Had to ditch the helm for the new spiffied up weapons.... fixed....

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Is recruiting still open? What character concepts are on the go?

I don't believe airwalkrr has finalized any character picks, with the exception of Rathan's rogue. I've submitted a cleric, S@squatch has submitted a wizard, and Kobold Stew is working on a ranger/horizon walker concept. Somebody had thrown out an idea for a knight, but I haven't seen them post in quite a while.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=1322]Rathan[/MENTION], I don't see any of the changes made in your link. Let me know when you update it or give me a new link.

[MENTION=29098]Rhun[/MENTION], your character looks good. You're approved pending the following changes.
-Speak Language is not a class skill so it costs two skill points for those extra languages. Old Oeridian is not a bonus language; you would have to purchase it with skill points. That said, Old Oeridian won't come up much, except as the occasional touch of flavor.
-Perform is not a class skill, so it costs two skill points for each rank.
-A periapt of wisdom must be a neck slot item. You will have to choose between the amulet of health and the periapt of wisdom and spend the difference another way.

[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION], there are currently still two slots open. One for an arcane caster (sorcerer or wizard would be best, but bard might work) and one for a warrior (barbarian, fighter, monk, paladin or ranger would be best). S@squ@tch is working on a wizard, but hasn't been approved yet. Kobold Stew is working on a concept for a horizon walker, but hasn't been approved yet.

Rathan

First Post
I'm sorry about that Airr I updated the skills but not everything else. Please see my sig now, Varn is there for easier character browsing!

Remove ads