Airwalkrr's Shackled City OOC (D&D 3.5)

Rhun

First Post
I'd like to voice my interest in playing a rogue, if you are still looking for party members. Let me know if there is still room or you are still accepting character submissions, and I'll throw one together...

airwalkrr

Adventurer
It looks like I have enough interest to get this started. So here is an update on the player characters.

Legildur - human monk
Strahd_Von_Zarovich - half-orc fighter
Bohemian Ear-Spork - human dread necromancer
Oni - druid
Zarust - dwarf fighter/cleric of kord
Vertexx69 - bard
*Thanee - sorcerer
*Rhun - rogue

*alternate

Post your characters to the rogue's gallery when they are complete. I will give the first six players until Monday to finish their characters. Otherwise, spots will open up to the alternates. Alternates, feel free to create a character anyway in case someone drops out and we need someone to fill in.

Zarust, the option to begin as a multiclassed character is absolutely still there. I encourage you to take it. As I said, there likely won't be time to learn a second class during the campaign. Since the party looks to include two other characters capable of healing already (a bard and a druid), I should think you won't hurt the party too much by multiclassing.

Zarust

First Post
Zarust - dwarf fighter/cleric of kord

Zarust, the option to begin as a multiclassed character is absolutely still there. I encourage you to take it. As I said, there likely won't be time to learn a second class during the campaign. Since the party looks to include two other characters capable of healing already (a bard and a druid), I should think you won't hurt the party too much by multiclassing.

On the risk of sounding really dumb, as I am at work and don't have my books, could I get a quick down and dirty on how the dual classing works as apprentice?

I can wait until I get off, but just wanted to ask so I will know ahead of time.

Also what is your feeling on the Feats from Races of Stone? While Goran might be a little more "wild" than the average dwarf, I would like to give him a feat, or two, from the book to give him a real dwarven feel.

Sorry for so many questions, but thanks for the chance to play in the game!

Edit: I found the ruleset and will update his sheet accordingly tonight. The Internet is truly a bored worker's friend.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Hey Airwalkrr,

Not sure if you know or when you plan on starting the game, but Strahd is away with no internet access until after October 16th, I believe...

Oni

First Post
I'm thinking halfling for race.

I was wondering if you've got a little primer for the setting since you said you wanted local heroes, or at least anything it would be helpful to know. Also is there anything in particular that should be included in the backgrounds i.e. a certain motivation or hook, do we know each other that sort of thing. You know just the kind of general and sundry information that might be helpful putting a character together.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Also what is your feeling on the Feats from Races of Stone? While Goran might be a little more "wild" than the average dwarf, I would like to give him a feat, or two, from the book to give him a real dwarven feel.

Those rules options won't be available until later. You will need to get special training, usually by joining an organization or receiving a favor from an NPC. Which feat(s) did you have in mind?

Hey Airwalkrr,

Not sure if you know or when you plan on starting the game, but Strahd is away with no internet access until after October 16th, I believe...

Well, I was thinking about next week... or whenever everyone had completed their characters. I'll go ahead and extend the deadline until Strahd gets back, just to give him a fair shake.

Oni, I will post a short description of the setting when I get home from work. Whether or not your characters know each other is up to you. If you grew up in Cauldron, you could be childhood friends (note this only works for races with similar lifespans). There are ways to bring you together as a group even if you don't know each other.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Since I'm giving everyone a little more time to come up with their characters, I am going to wait on posting info on Cauldron so I can have time to put together a player's guide. This will include a map of Cauldron, as well as the traits. These will be for reference only, however; I will still be rolling them up randomly. I'm not sure how long this will take, but probably no more than a few days.

Vertexx69

First Post
If I can take the Grey Elf racial variant from the MM then I will.

Well heres the bunch for Slevin Kalevra the elven Singer:

#1: 16,15,15,13,13,13

#2: 14,14,14,14,11,11

#3: 16,12,12,12,12,10

Search Results

HP 7
AC 18
Saves: F+1/R+6/W+3

Str:
13 +1 (13)
Dex: 18 +4 (16 +2)
Con: 13 +1 (15 -2)