anthropomorphic rpg

tecnowraith

First Post
I had a serious thought of doing an anthropomorphic campaign where it was a world mixed of steampunk and wuxia (chinsese myth) setting awhile back and was wondering would be a good one to do? This would be done in any system just the idea is interesting.

Last edited:

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
Here's a few things that might help:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness, out of print but there's bound to be some relatively cheap copies floating around. The mutation rules were IMO the funnest part of it.

After The Bomb RPG is apparently the successor to TMNT (Palladium let the license go or otherwise lost it) that has even more extensive mutation rules, which may be more balanced as well.

Jadeclaw is a bit complex IIRC but its got anthropomorphic critters in an Asian setting. At the least it can be mined for ideas.

Advanced Bestiary has a template that can anthropomorphize critters. The example in the book is a triceratops (reminded me of the Triceratons from TMNT).

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
tecnowraith said:
I had a serious thought of doing an anthropomorphic campaign where it was a world mixed of steampunk and wuxia (chinsese myth) setting awhile back and was wondering would be a good one to do? This would be done in any system just the idea is interesting.

It sort of depends on what you're looking for from us. There are books about steampunk, and books with an asian martial arts-style setting, but few I know of that combine the two.

Likewise, anthropomorphic RPG material tends to stand on it's own for the most part, and is usually mostly found by picking and choosing things from various products.

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
Of course. Unfortunately most of the players I game with didn't want to play a samurai bunny either. Ditto for kung fu terrapins. :(

Oh, the Usagi Yojimbo RPG might help tho that's a slightly different genre (chanbara vs wuxia) but still anthropomorphic.

Kesh

First Post
Jadeclaw with steampunk added might be good. I'm a bit leery of it, myself, as I can't reconcile steampunk and wuxia so well.

That said, all you really need is to add anthro races to d20, and there's plenty of options for building the rules-set you want.

Remove ads