Ashy's Oathbound Campaign II, OOC [FULL]

Voadam

Legend
Ashy, would you mind putting the RG and new OOC links in the new IC first message. I found them helpful in the old one.

Ashy

First Post
Also, please keep the game-related feedback coming, I'm listening and thinking! :D

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
End of Round 6

Attachments

• spire_fight_end_of_round_6.JPG
    spire_fight_end_of_round_6.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 318

Ashy

First Post
Ok - wish list time! ;)

If your characters could have a secret cache of items somewhere and they could have anything (within reason) within this cache - what would those items be? I want your wish lists, people! :)

Also, I *encourage* new spell, power, and item creation and I allow for what I call "field testing" (i.e. developing these things while adventuring) - it is often more dangerous (like during testing of the new item, spell or whatnot) or more prone to failure, but it is possible. Let me know if any of you are interested. Also, for divine casters, I do occasionally allow gaining new spells via prayer when the time is needed.

For example,

"Oh, great Lord of Dustmites, I am your humble servant and I have served you faithfully for 17 years, but right now, I really, really need your power in the form of a Create Dustmite spell..."

Or whatever - you get the idea - the above is a silly example, but an example nonetheless. ;)

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Okay, wish list. Mmmmm, it's like shopping without having to spend any money . . . whee! But on the downside, you don't get to walk out of the store secure in the knowledge that it is yours. Alas.

1) Mithril Fullplate . . . this more than anything else that follows. Doesn't even need to be magical. If I had started with full wealth and not had spending restrictions / been worried about the guy who steals your good stuff when you arrive, I would have gladly blown more than half my starting wealth on this.

. . . can you guys tell I really hate sleep armor rules? Mithril armor + endurance = I live in the suit :D

2) hmmm, in the spirit of something more interesting and unique, a sword capable of simulating the effect (# of times per day kind of thing) of the "Whirling Blade" spell from the Complete Arcane would be neat, but I don't know if you have the book. Really, this is more of a "cool" than an "essential". It's just I'm trying to find something more creative than the rest of my list.

3-infinity) Your old standards.

Stat boost items: Con, Str, Dex in that order of importance. Dex only if #1 above is granted.

Armor class enhancers: Natural armor/ Deflection. whee.

Plusses. increased armor and weapon plusses. Original, no?

infinity+1) Not specific items for any stockpile now, just general notes about my wishes for Tristan's mechanical future. I know you didn't ask for this, but I figure good DM - player communications are essential. I think we have enough characters capable in melee combat to specialize (heck, everyone but Xerxes ;) ). Baja is our 'go out there and thwack people' warrior, I see Tristan as more of a 'stay here and make sure we don't get thwacked' kind of fighter. Thus, items/feats/PrCs/whatever that increase his defensive ability and also important his ability to protect others are all good and important to him.

Ferrix

Explorer
Tristan, +1 Called Fullplate... allows you to call the armor to you with a command word as a full round action. I too despise the sleeping armor rules but I find that the called armor makes more realistic sense to me. But that's just me. Cheaper too. 5650gp vs. 10500gp.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
I'll think on it for Kiera... I want to keep with the sun/healer/undead basher style theme but that can be sort of limiting in its effectiveness. Getting to use all of those turning focused feats and abilities would be keen, but thats more reliant on what we encounter.

Side thought: I get this image of her turning into a radiant celestial being... *shrugs*

Choice Items
-That spell above
-An item to channel turning attempts through for some sort of general purpose effects
-Perhaps a staff focused on divine offensive spells (perhaps mingled with that channeling turning attempts concept)

In declining order
-Circlet of persuasion, earring form ;) or stuff along the lines of making her a more charismatic leader/persona (bonuses to sense motive, diplomacy)
-Quick transport (but that's just a metagamey way to get out of the damned desert)
-Stat boosts (wisdom and charisma primary, str and con, then dex and int last)
-pearls of power are useful but not overly flavorful
-Holy mace (high end cost however not so high on the wish list though)

Just because I've never gotten them in treasure before
-useful scrolls
-Metamagic rods of extend, empower, enlarge particularly

Remove ads