• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AU: Northlands

FaenFriend

First Post
"Nonesense," says Kai-Moash, thumping Galed on the back in a friendly manner. "Of all of us who faced her, you're the only one that saw what hit you. I, on the other hand, don't remember a thing after the steward raised his staff ..."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Jonas manages to locate his bookie, collecting the 3 gold coins owed him. As the Darkling Blade seems to have disappeared, Galed is swarmed by the crowd, desperate for someone to idolize.

Arden

First Post
Galed begins to respond to Kai-Moash, but is cut off by the throng of spectators that suddenly surrounds him. Even though he does not feel worthy of their adoration, he is very gracious with them, every inch the young nobleman. His father had taught him that people need heroes, and despite their many differences he had taken that lesson to heart.

Erekose13

Explorer
*Jonas joins the others after collecting his winnings. He is very happy about the outcome of things and it has been a fine Warrior's Day so far for him. He pushes his way to the front of the crowd next to Galed and turns to the assembled crowd and speaks in a loud orator's voice.*

"Ladies and Gentlemen, to day we have all been witness to a great and festive Warrior's Day. Entering the ring on this last round in the tournament, our noble Galed knew that fortune was on his side. Indeed, he was the only competitor to remain in the ring with that ghost for more than a few seconds. Gracious in defeat and yet victorious in the hearts of all of us! Hail to Galed Bramley!"

*Jonas smiles to himself hoping that the crowd drinks this in. We could use a little reputation around here and it does wonders to have a people's hero in our midst. He is secretly glad that Galed looks the part of a hero too, some of the others might not have taken well to being put on the spot.*

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Ah well, my time will come. Heh, at least Galed lasted past the first blow. "Galed, drink it up and taste it... many live their whole lives and never experience this!" ;)

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The rest of the day passes in feasting and general revelry. In between dinner and supper, Galed is approached by a pair of human men, middle-aged and dressed in miner's clothes.

"Sir, if we could have a word?" the taller one asks. "We have a problem we were hoping a warrior such as yourself could aid us with. Our mine . . . when we were working it, we came across some natural caves. We ignored them at first, but some of our workers started . . . disappearing near the entrance. After the third, the rest all fled, and we had no choice but to follow. We wish to hire you, and any companions you have, to put a stop to whatever is disrupting our business. We can pay well."

Arden

First Post
"I'll help in any way I can," Galed says without hesitation. "I can't speak for my companions, but I suspect some of them are anxious for something bigger than guarding caravans." Galed turns and searches the crowd for his friends, wanting to wave a few of them over.

darkdancer

First Post
Esme the bitter

Esme listens without expression, carefully trying not to appear too eager to retain the company she's been keeping lately. She casually shrugs her shoulder as if to indicate having no better plan for the moment...

these people let me ... don't ask too many intrusive questions... they don't seem to need to peel my secrets from her bones...

"aye, sure, 'suppose I could help out... somewhat... iffen yur wantin' help..."

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas notices Galed's wave and moves over towards him. "I'm just over here. Be with you in a second." Gathering up his belongings and eager to move on, conscious of the people and his new found fame. Maybe I shouldnt have been so obvious, this laying low thing is a little difficult. Jonas thinks to himself as he joins the others around Galed, "What's up?"

Remove ads