• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AU: Northlands

Erekose13

Explorer
Looking around at the others, Jonas nods, "If our other contract is at an end, further adventure would do us good I think. Count me in." Really anything to keep me moving away from Ao Manasa is good at this point. he thinks to himself.

FaenFriend

First Post
"Well, no one's beaten down my door wanting to hire me as a blacksmith yet," says Kai-Moash. "I suppose I'll help the lads out. Always good to get to know the locals. For a small fee, I can work on some of their mining tools, too."

"I hope the mine isn't too small for me, though." Kai-Moash's eyes twinkle. "But as long as the brave, courageous Galed leads us, I shall know no fear."

He tilts his head impishly (for a giant) toward Galed and flutters his eyelashes, sighing, "He's so dreamy," before collapsing into a chair in a fit of roaring laughter.

Arden

First Post
FaenFriend said:
"I hope the mine isn't too small for me, though." Kai-Moash's eyes twinkle. "But as long as the brave, courageous Galed leads us, I shall know no fear."

He tilts his head impishly (for a giant) toward Galed and flutters his eyelashes, sighing, "He's so dreamy," before collapsing into a chair in a fit of roaring laughter.

Galed clears his throat awkwardly. "Well then... it looks like we're decided. Let's set out in the morning." With a pointed look at Kai-Moash he adds, "or do some of you need more time to... recover from the evenings festivities?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas orders a round of drinks for the group from the proceeds of his winnings. "To success in all our future endeavours together and to Galed, our champion of the tournment." After drinking a bit with his friends, Jonas will see what the talk of the town is, circulating among the revellers.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Jonas orders a round of drinks for the group from the proceeds of his winnings. "To success in all our future endeavours together and to Galed, our champion of the tournment." After drinking a bit with his friends, Jonas will see what the talk of the town is, circulating among the revellers.

The men give Galed a rough map to the mine, noting that it's two days ride, or three days walking, to the north-northwest. A total sum of 800 gold pieces is agreed upon, 200 paid now (to Galed) and the rest upon completion.

Jonas learns little; talk is mostly bragging, complaining, or otherwise discussing the day's tourney.

Arden

First Post
FaenFriend said:
"Well," says Kai-Moash, rubbing a few of his bruises. "I'm off for some rest. Are we setting out in the morning?"

"If no one objects," Galed replies. "If anyone needs supplies for the journey we can split up the first part of the payment in the morning. And rest does sound like a good idea. I'm exhausted."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Arden said:
"If no one objects," Galed replies. "If anyone needs supplies for the journey we can split up the first part of the payment in the morning. And rest does sound like a good idea. I'm exhausted."

As the revelries end, everyone heads off to sleep. The morning is crisp but clear, with only a few small clouds scudding across the sky in the stiff breeze. All in all, it's a good day to travel.

(Assuming you're leaving, I'd like to know what travel arrangements you make. Mounts, pack animals, levels of supplies, that sort of thing, and how you intend to do watches.)

Erekose13

Explorer
A little late in waking, Jonas makes his way down to the common room for something to eat. Luckily he made sure to drink lots of water before bed, or his head would have been pounding now. "Guess we should see about some spelunking gear, ropes, hooks, etc. before we head out. Maybe a couple of days food and water just in case these caves turn out to be extensive. Any other supplies that we need?"

Remove ads