• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AU: Northlands

Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Guess we should see about some spelunking gear, ropes, hooks, etc. before we head out. Maybe a couple of days food and water just in case these caves turn out to be extensive. Any other supplies that we need?"

"Plenty of torches or lamp oil also come to mind," Galed replies. "Do you think we should walk or ride? Since we'll have to leave our horses outside the mines, I'm inclined to think we should just hike our way there."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Having made their purchases, the party leaves Ke-Donal about mid-day. The journey is surprisingly uneventful, lacking even the occasional herd or flock of wild animals to break the monotony. The landscape is unusually quiet, and large animals seem curiously absent.

The party arrives a couple hours before sunset. The crude wooden structures built for housing and storage are plainly visible; though they are plainly uninhabited, they seem in good condition. The mine entrance lies some 200 feet up the side of a large hill, the path winding up to it narrow but not overly precarious.

Arden

First Post
Galed takes a long drink from his waterskin as he sizes up the area. "Here we are. Let's be ready for anything," he says as he readies his shield and sword, and begins to approach the entrance to the mines.

FaenFriend

First Post
"If the workers have been disappearing near the entrance, we need to be ready from the start," agrees Kai-Moash. He shifts his maul into both hands and walks at Galed's side toward the entrance.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
FaenFriend said:
"If the workers have been disappearing near the entrance, we need to be ready from the start," agrees Kai-Moash. He shifts his maul into both hands and walks at Galed's side toward the entrance.

The mine entrance is clearly built for humans and sibeccai; Kai-Moash's massive frame can barely squeeze in. The mines are unlit, as any torches the workers had been using must have long since gone out; you must provide your own illumination.

(It'd be helpful to know what order you intend to proceed in, as the mines are a little narrow to be turning around in easily)

FaenFriend

First Post
"Hmmm," says Kai-Moash, peering at the entrance. "I can't use this maul and hold a torch at the same time, so perhaps I shouldn't go first. What do you all think?"

Arden

First Post
Galed slings his shield over his shoulder and lights his lantern. "I'll take the lead. Could someone in the back keep another light source ready? I'll need my shield if we run into any trouble."

(OOC: Is the mine wide enough for us to go double file, or do we need to go one by one? Either way Galed will insist on being at the front, both because he's the most heavily armoured and because he has ridiculous notions of heroism.)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Arden said:
Galed slings his shield over his shoulder and lights his lantern. "I'll take the lead. Could someone in the back keep another light source ready? I'll need my shield if we run into any trouble."

(OOC: Is the mine wide enough for us to go double file, or do we need to go one by one? Either way Galed will insist on being at the front, both because he's the most heavily armoured and because he has ridiculous notions of heroism.)

Two people of Medium size can squeeze past each other, but not walk side-by-side. Kai-Moash is too big to even get past.)

Erekose13

Explorer
"I will watch our backs and take rear-guard." Says Jonas, drawing his ornate hand crossbow. He slids a clip into the breach and nocks back the string, before pulling out a sunrod and cracking it. Holding the glowing rod in front of him he says, "Ready when you are."

Remove ads