AU: Northlands

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Tenkar snaps out of a daze, and a most distracted one at that. "Heh, I'll fill whatever spot needs the filling. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that may help us in a tight spot. Just so long as my larger friends don't decide to rest their lanterns on my head" he says with a wry smile.

{OOC Sorry for the absence... work has been... overwhelming at best recently, but its back to its normal mayhem as of today;) }

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The party enters the mine, Galed leading the way, with Tenkar, then Kai-Moash, at his back. The strangely silent spellcasters follow, and Jonas watches the back.

The mines are dark, Galed's lantern casting eerie shadows. The passages wind around, and a feeling of timelessness and directionlessness overtakes you. It's hard to tell how far you've gone, and only the akashic is certain how to get back. After a time, you come upon a distinct change in the terrain. No longer do the marks of picks scar the walls; only water has carved this passage. It would appear you have entered the tunnels the manager spoke of. After some time, they spread out into a cavern the size of a great dining hall, riddled with strange pillars of stone.

By a quirk of echoes, Jonas is the first to hear the scuttling noise, but soon it is noticed by all. Then, in the dim glow of sunrod and lantern, you see motion. Something scuttles down a pillar, leaping downward with a gurgling hiss.

OOC: I've rolled initiatives to save time. The order is Galed, Jonas, Tenkar, Esme, Phain, them, Kai-Moash. Until they act, only one is visible, and it's 20 feet up a pillar. You can, of course, ready actions.

darkdancer

First Post
esme

Jonas' actions cause Esme to break out of her deep funk to remember her own crossbow. She takes the bow out and loads it. After taking careful aim, she shoots forth the bolt at the same creature that was hit before.

Arden

First Post
Galed puts his lantern on the ground and pulls out his shield, ready to strike if one of the creatures comes within reach.

[OOC: I'm readying an action to attack with my sword if one of these things closes.]

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
darkdancer said:
Jonas' actions cause Esme to break out of her deep funk to remember her own crossbow. She takes the bow out and loads it. After taking careful aim, she shoots forth the bolt at the same creature that was hit before.

Unfortunately, in the dim light, Esme is mislead by a flickering shadow, ber bolt going wide.

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas will fire again as long as he can still aim at the creature. If not then he will watch the ceiling for more where they came from.

Remove ads