AU: Northlands

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Tenkar observes the the conversation from a short distance as he prepares his bedroll for sleep. I expect Galed knows how much sleep he needs. It is obviously less then I. Eh, I'll chat Galed up during our watch and see what brings him here. Tenkar removes his chain mail shirt and settles in for some shut eye, his sword in hand underneath his bedroll.

Arden

First Post
FaenFriend said:
"You, on the other hand, wear your weapon like you know how to use it. Are you an old hand at this guard business?"

Galed smiles slightly at the question. "At the guard business, no. I'm a servant of the Light. I signed on with the caravan to get a chance to travel a bit--find some place that I might be needed." Not a lie, but not the whole truth either ,Galed chides himself. Oh well, it can't be helped. No one here needs to know who my family is, Kai-Moash least of all.

"So you're a smith, then. Do you plan to set up a shop when we reach Ke-Donal?" Galed keeps up the conversation for a few more minutes, before his natural sense of responsibility returns, and he excuses himself to seek out his bedroll.

darkdancer

First Post
Esme sits uncomfortably close to the fire and watches the night's proceedings with a dour look upon her face. The flickering of the flames seems augmented in the reflections in her eyes; her face is flush from the heat, turning its normally gray cast orange-pink, similar to a piece of metal upon the forge.

Any who approach her are quickly turned aside by the curtness of her replies and the unbearable proximity of the heat. She sits in silence for several hours, sizing up those who seem as out-of-place as she feels, in particular the clumsy giant and the warrior who looks like he'd be more at place in a fancy banquet hall than guarding a caravan.

After a few hours, Esme curls up in her bedroll, satisfied that those who guard the encampment are vigilant, serious souls.

[OOC: I'm currently away at a conference for a few days, so my posting may be sporadic throughout the weekend. I'll do my best to keep up. :) ]

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas Temm, human akashic/unfettered

Jonas makes his first rounds about the caravan making sure that everything is in order. At the moment his cover is very important and he doesnt want to look like he is slacking off. Once he is finished a tour of the outside ring he will come back towards the fire to see who is still awake. Spotting Galed and Kai-Moash speaking a little ways from the fire he approaches.

"Evening gents. Its a fine night is it not? Wrap up tight, this night looks like it might get colder. Have no worry though I will keep the fire lit. So what brings you both so far north?"

FaenFriend

First Post
Kai-Moash bids Galed a good night, thoughtfully watching him leave. A servant of the light. It must be nice to have a one's purpose in life all figured out. Ah well, perhaps I'll discover mine soon ... perhaps tomorrow.

He unfolds his massive bedroll and beings to prepare for bed as Jonas approaches. Kai-Moash chats with Jonas, telling him about his plan to start a smithy before asking, "And you? Have you been guarding caravans long?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Aside from small talk made around various banked fires, the night is quiet. Dawn brings the rain promised yesterday, though it is a drab drizzle rather than a downpour. The gray, chilly weather only slightly dampens the spirits of the wagon train, as all know they will make Ke-Donal by nightfall.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Tenkar looks distrustingly at the rain falling down around him. He mentions to Galed: "Rain plays tricks with sounds... can't be sure what is near and what is far. Keep your eyes open, its a good time for a raid." Tenkar adjusts his bow beneath his cloak, ensuring that its oiled string is dry and ready for use.

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas Temm

Jonas too seems to feel the melancholy of rainy dreary day. He plods along atop his steed speaking to a few of the other travelers but mostly content to stay silent for once. As Kai-Moash approaches a smile crosses his face, after the long talk he had with the giant last night he feels quite comfortable around him. The simple giant seems to play no part in the political patronizing that so many of his kind characterize which is very refreshing to Jonas.

"The weather certainly has turned sour, has it not my friend?"

Arden

First Post
tenkar said:
Tenkar looks distrustingly at the rain falling down around him. He mentions to Galed: "Rain plays tricks with sounds... can't be sure what is near and what is far. Keep your eyes open, its a good time for a raid."

"Aye, we'll do well to keep our eyes sharp today," Galed pulls on his helmet and loosens his sword on its sheath as he replies to Tenkar. "Hopefully better things await us in Ke-Donal." Tenkar seems like a solid man. I'll be glad to have him at my side if there's any trouble on the road. Galed saddles up, ready for whatever the day will bring.

Remove ads