AU: Northlands

Atelos

First Post
Phain sits alone at a table in an inn, sipping wine from a glass only slightly larger than a human shot glass.

Sigh. It's been months since Sadune dissappeared and I still have no better leads than the rumors of shadow troll activity in this area. It looks as if I might have to pursue some other goal and wait for Dembu (God of dead ends when hunting for something important) to relent.

Now that's an odd group that just entered this inn; a giant, and three humans, one of them a female with orange hair of all things. The common room is nearly full tonight and it looks like my table is the only one with vacant chairs; it seems I'm about to get some dining companions.

Phain welcomes the strangers to his table, while he is polite he makes no effort to initiate a conversation with them, but instead listens as his new dining companions speak among themselves.

[OOC: Sorry for not showing up sooner, I've been sick and real life has been busy, I should be able to be more active now.]

darkdancer

First Post
Sipping the warm whiskey from the mug she holds, Esme looks longing at the hearth across the room and the filled tables near it. I'm still so cold...
She glances at the faen whose table they invaded. much quieter than most I've met... looks kinda sad too... I wonder why...

She seems to nod slightly to herself and faint but grim smile crosses her face as she stares into the steaming reddish gold liquid in her mug. Well, who wouldn't be, in this fickle life, now or eventually. Promises of happiness are mere fairytales.

With a slight frown, she shakes her head a little, as if to clear it. A little tired of her dark thoughts for company, she sits up straighter to listen more attentively to the conversation going on around her.

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas Temm, human akashic/unfettered

Out of the foul weather and into a tavern, Jonas seems immersed in his element. He joins the others around the table with the quiet faen for a few moments. But soon he is off circulating among the other tavern patrons. Before too long he has met everyone in the room and is surrounded by the attention. He laughs and jokes with many, but with subtle gestures and looks he has managed to intimidate quite a few that might have wanted to cause him or his companions any trouble. He momentarily focuses trying to pull information from the collective memory of the tavern. Armed with the knowledge gained from the akashic memory he sets out to buy a few drinks and find out what he can from the assembled patrons.

OOC: intimidate +20, bluff +11, diplomacy +11, gather information +9, sense motive +4. He will also use his Akashic ability Skill Memory to gain another +2 to gather information.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
"Ah, so what say you all? If what surrounds us is a sample of our competition I think we shall do fine." Tenkar smiles broadly as he speaks. It is a friendly smile. "Would that this establishment had a musician of sorts to go with the drinks, but over all I would say this is a fine place."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The other patrons of the bar seem both cheerful and boisterous, though the alcohol flowing freely may be contributing. The talk mostly focuses on the favorites in the tournaments tomorrow, with Varatel and the mayor, a massive giantess named Eai-Drona as the favorites. Bets are being made, with the current odds giving Varatel 2:3 against. It appears that anyone and everyone not clearly infirm will be competing tomorrow.

(Jonas, you learn little except that a substantial sum has been placed on a faen called the Darkling Blade, at long odds)

Last edited:

darkdancer

First Post
Esme the bitter

Esme remains sitting in the background shadows, but the whiskey has warmed her enough for her to allow a mild smile at Tenkar's banter. She idly wonders to herself what kind of competitions there will be on the morrow, knowing full well that her strength is not such as would be favorably showcased in such an arena.

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas Temm, human akashic/unfettered

Not one to miss out on the fun, Jonas will play the long odds and place a small bet on Darkling Blade, 3 silver coins out to do nicely. At another bookie, Jonas will place a small bet on one of his friends, say 3 more silver coins on Kai-Moash. He will of course check around at a few of those taking bets to see who offers the best odds on both of those competitors. After he has finished socalizing with some of the crowd, he will return to the table with his friends and buy them all another round.

"Here here lads, our fine company ought to fare quite well tomorrow I think. How many of us will join the competitions? I certainly will."

FaenFriend

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Here here lads, our fine company ought to fare quite well tomorrow I think. How many of us will join the competitions? I certainly will."

Taking a hearty swig from his tankard, Kai-Moash smiles broadly at Jonas. "I will as well. It will be a pleasant change from all this travelling. Though I hope we don't have to compete with each other directly." Kai-Moash winks slightly. "It would grieve my heart to give a travelling companion a good drubbing."

"And what about you?" asks Kai-Moash, turning to Esme and the quiet Phain. "Will you be participating as well?"

Arden

First Post
Galed politely declines the second tankard of ale offered by Jonas.

"You seem confident of your success tomorrow, Kai-Moash," he says, turning to the Giant. "You certainly have a warrior's strength, but you might find that skill also counts for something on the tournament grounds. Anyway, none of us will fare well tomorrow without rest and a clear head in the morning." Bidding the group good night, he heads to his room.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
"Aye, Galed speaks the truth. It is time for me to rest well. I bid you all goodnite". Tenkar finishes his drink and makes his way to his room.

Remove ads