AU: Northlands

darkdancer

First Post
Esme rides along, absently playing with the locks in Bess' mane. It feels to her that the weather is merely mirroring her usual baleful mood, and ironically that makes her a little more aware of those around her. Letting any light chatter she hears wash over her like the moisture in the air, she focuses on Tenkar's words of caution. Pulling her cloak a little more closely around her, she looks a little suspiciously into the gloom surrounding them, listening carefully.

[spot check +4, listen check +4]

She thinks to herself, all this wet is somewhat dampening the fire that warms me.

Last edited:

FaenFriend

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"The weather certainly has turned sour, has it not my friend?"

"Indeed it has," agrees Kai-Moash, shifting his maul from his left shoulder to his right. "The warmth of a forge sounds nice to me, now. A tankard of something hot would be welcome, too. I hope there is a good tavern in Ke-Donal."

He smiles broadly at the thought. After a few moments of quiet reflection, he adds, "You guards have had a blessedly uneventful journey. I can think of nastier surprises than rain."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Too true my friend, a nice hot mug of cider would wet the pallet and warm the body. Heres to such luck as we can find just the place. The guard duty on this trek has been particularily easy, has it not. I can only hope that my luck continues for this is easy money." Jonas replies.

darkdancer

First Post
As Esme listens to their banter of taverns, her eyes momentarily seems to glow red as she thinks of a hot whiskey sliding down to warm her belly.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Despite its gloom, the day passes little more eventfully than that before it. Galed thinks he sees something move beyond the mist, but his eyes can't quite pick out enough features to be sure that it's not just his imagination. Shortly after sunset, the caravan finally reaches Ke-Donal. Due to the late hour, you are greeted by few townsfolk. Varatel makes a terse announcement. "Since tomorrow is 10 Na-Vesto, Warrior's Day, we will all be staying at least for one day. If you plan to take part in the tournaments, get some rest."

Arden

First Post
"Warrior's Day tomorrow--I lost track of the date." Galed puts a hand on Tenkar's shoulder, "What do you say, Tenkar? Are you up for the challenge. It might be a good chance to shake off some of the rust we've been gathering on this journey."

FaenFriend

First Post
"Hmmm, tournaments, eh?" booms Kai-Moash, stepping up beside Tenkar and Galed. "Perhaps I should enter, too. It'll be good publicity for my new smithy - even if I you two beat me silly."

He squints and glances about.

"Now, where's the tavern? Nothing like a tankard of ale to insure a good night's sleep."

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Tenkar tries to hide the excitement from his eyes, and succeeds just partially. "Aye, perhaps you are right, tho I long for a good nite's sleep on something softer then a bedroll. Well, after a good ale or two that is." He gives Kai-Moash a friendly wink: "Lead on good smith... find us a tavern with good ale, good gossip, and a chance to size up our competition."

darkdancer

First Post
Esme the bitter

Esme hurries after the men in an effort to catch up with them before they get too far. Bitterly, she reflects upon the unwanted attention she has received in the past as an unaccompanied woman, and the necessary rudeness with which she defended her solitude. Tonight at least she can have the advantage of being a member of a group, albeit a rather quiet and surly member.

They seem so garrulous, they'll surely allow me to fade into the background, surrounded by their chatter. They have thus far..., she thinks to herself.

Last edited:

Remove ads