• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AU: Northlands

FaenFriend

First Post
Arden said:
"Any advice for facing Darkling Blade if I should draw her next?"

"Hmm," ponders Kai-Moash. "I would make sure that there is a nice soft spot behind you to fall on. Perhaps bring some pillows into the ring."

"But you did really well, there, Galed. If anyone can take on the Darkling Blade, it's you. Just try and defend yourself as much as possible, especially your stomach."

Kai-Moash pats his stomach sorely.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I definitely agree with Kai-Maosh on that one, be on the defensive as soon as you enter the ring. She stuck me faster than I could even see, straight to the stomach like our large friend here said. Good luck, though hopefully you wont draw her till the last battle. It would be rather anti-climatic for you to have to fight again after facing her." Jonas offers.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Jonas's sense of the dramatic is appeased when the next match is announced: Galed's opponent is a sibeccai as heavily armored as he is, with a suit of chain-and-plates and a large kite shield. As the two enter the ring, he salutes Galed with his longsword.

(initiative roll is 7)

Arden

First Post
(Initiative=17)

Galed nods toward his sibbecai opponent, then attacks without hesitation as soon as he gets the signal from the stewards.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Galed's sword streaks forward in the wake of the steward's staff, hammering fast his foe's defenses and slamming solidly into the juncture of helm and gorget. Reeling from the blow, the sibeccai attempts to trap Galed's blade, but without success.

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas cheers Galed's quick offensive as he watches the blow strike. He thinks to himself that maybe he should have bet on Galed too. Jonas watches the pair intently as they compete, noting his friend's abilities. It will indeed be interesting to see how they all worked together should troble befall them once the caravan gets going again.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Arden said:
With his opponent still off balance, Galed presses the attack, bringing his longsword down in an overhanded slash.

Galed's sword strikes home again, but as he draws back, the sibeccai traps Galed's blade with his own. The crowd gasps as the two struggle, then mixed cheering and cursing is heard as Galed manages to disengage his weapon.

Arden

First Post
These sibbecai don't seem to like an honourable fight, Galed thinks as he pulls his blade free and responds with a sweeping blow, all in one clean motion.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Arden said:
These sibbecai don't seem to like an honourable fight, Galed thinks as he pulls his blade free and responds with a sweeping blow, all in one clean motion.

The blow hammers into the sibeccai's side, and he falls hard to one knee. Suddenly, his foot lashes out, catching Galed's ankle and pulling his feet out from under him. The sibeccai rises and hammers a blow into Galed's helm.

(7 subdual, and you are prone)

Remove ads