• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boston EN World game a great success! Photo on p. 9!

Gospog

First Post
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by SnowDog
Outrageous Colonial America accent? Hmmm. We'll see :p
See ya all in a couple hours.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll pack two.

And the proper word is y'all, yankee.

-Clint

Two of my Omega World players are already fighting! :)

This could be the TPK I've always dreamed of...without me doing a thing!

See you- er, y'all in a few.

-Tom

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Woohoo! Good time. Good games. Good fun!

I wish I'd been able to stick around to tell war stories and generally smog for a while after things were done, but t'was not to be. Thank you all for playing, and thanks many times over to P-cat for being outr gracious host.

Poor folks, now have more leftover starchy food than they can possibly know what to do with :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
What a great day!

Great people, good food, good fun, good food, and a remarkable quantity of poop-throwing monkeys. My voice is shot, though; after Spycraft, I could barely speak. Well worth it.

We had ten games, five in each slot, and I think all of them went off well. There were about 38 people in all. Of course, in Spaceship Zero the players sort of accidentally destroyed the solar system. But hey, you can't have everything.

Here's a group photo!

Attachments

• EN World 3.jpg
    EN World 3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

SnowDog

First Post
Many thanks to PCat and KidC for being perfect hosts. To everyone who came, I had a great time. Special thanks go out to Doug and Tom for being great GMs.

High moments (for me) of ENWorld Boston Gathering:

- Arriving 30 minutes early and then getting my first critical fumble of the day, cutting my finger on a bagel knife
- Winning a copy of Bad-Axe Games' Halfling book (which I haven't had time to look at yet) with my killer red D20, which was incapable of average rolls today (below 5 and above 15 were fine, though)
- Quoting Wulf's own story hour back to him, and generally acting like a creepy internet stalker :p
- Doug's recognition of my posting handle's origin
- Getting a chance to play in a clear labor of love, Septentrionalis. I wish we had had more than 4 hours to experience it
- Generally being entertained by the family canines
- Getting a chance to see a great Gaming Room (it deserves capital letters), including a library of RPG books that puts every other collection I've seen to shame
- Throwing tactics, planning, rules, and common sense out the window and just enjoying the insane ride through Omega World at 120 miles an hour

Most of all, it was really cool to just see all the friendly faces. It was a great opportunity to play with some folks I would otherwise never get to meet.

It was a grand time and I'm looking forward to having a chance to play with y'all (happy, Clint? :) ) again!

nopantsyet

First Post
SnowDog said:
- Getting a chance to play in a clear labor of love, Septentrionalis. I wish we had had more than 4 hours to experience it!

Second that! This game felt like discovery! It uses the d20 system with great rules that capture a very cool and unique flavor. (Hope Doug doesn't mind me pimping his game here...)

SnowDog said:
- Generally being entertained by the family canines

Do you mean the Kitty-Cthulhu family canines or the dozen or so wolves that kept popping up in-game? :)

You know, I was getting scared last night as I've been perennially cursed when it comes to ENWorld Boston gatherings: I have ended up sick or out of town for every one so far, so when I found myself with barely a voice yesterday, I was afraid I was going to miss another one. But the Mohawk Ranger I had the joy of roleplaying lent itself to fewer, more carefully-chosen words.

To those I met, it was a pleasure. And to those I didn't, hopefully next time we'll get the chance.

And finally, huge thanks to PirateKitty and KidCthulhu for being very gracious hosts and opening their house to 35 or more people and what I estimate to have been no less than 750 polyhedral dice.

Chronosome

First Post
:)!

I had a wonderful time...my game's players weren't afraid to get a little goofy... I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of freaks for this experiment.

Umbran served up Shadowrun very, very well...all flavor was dead on...

Thank you PC and KC, for everything.
As usual, you be da mackinest hosts in da hood. :D

Good, good day o' game.

Last edited:

scholar

First Post
well, two of the albany crew are home, and I'm guessing in bed< since I'm a total loser and can type from my bed<yawn>> alex and lori< ao and orchidblossom> should be home in just a couple minutes, long day, good day, and I got to make LOTS of things go boom!...
chronosome: something savage was great, it's always fun to just cut loose on the otherside of the pc/monster equation
Pkitty and KidC thanks again for hosting us, your house is beautiful, and so are the pups... and I finally got to roll dice in spycraft without having to run it myself, life is good, I'm going to pass out now
J

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
What an excellent day! I got to play Call of Cthulhu for the first time, and it was a most excellent (if slightly squishy) expierience. Thanks again to KidC for running the game, Piratecat for convincing me to come, and for the two of them (and their assorted pets) for hosting us. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads