• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Bella's recount of her findings only brings more questions. "You know, there is more. The Professor said that the Temple of Pharasma would have a list of the prisoners that were in the prison. Also, the temple had the false crypt, with things that would help in dealing with whatever is there at the prison."

Feeling a little uncertain, Bella turns to Kendra, and asks, "Who dealt with preparing your father for burial? Who found him? I think we need to talk to them, as I have a question to ask about his condition when he was found."

Shayuri

First Post
"Are we doing this tonight?" Triessa murmurs, glancing at the windows. "Or tomorrow? I feel like I need to prepare for a moment if it's tonight. I'm sure we've been watched. If we start getting close...we may need some help."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Hopefully not spirits, but possibly by him getting too close to the Whispering Way."

She lets the comment sit, not adding that their sign is that of mutilating the tongue of their victims...

Cyansylph

First Post
"The journal made this all sound quite urgent. I would not like to waste time. I saw we go to the Restlands and investigate this false crypt. There is plenty of time left in the day and we will need whatever supplies the Professor knows are hidden there."

"Anyone good with locks? I suspect this contraband might be tightly secured..."

Valanar rises and adjusts his armor as he heads to the door. He pauses in the doorway, waiting for his comrades to join him.

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra is confused. Its almost unknown for the professor to be wrong. At the same time, the professional ghost hunters should know if the jail is haunted or not. Still it does not hurt to be prepared, so its probably best if they treat the prison as if it is haunted. In which case they will need the supplies in the restlands. "I'm with you Valanar. Anyone else?" Piedra says, as he rises and stands beside Valanar.

[sblock=HM]"What does Piedra know about Haunts?"[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Triessa glances nervously at the windows, then says, "Give me a few minutes. I...just a few minutes alone." She hurries off into one of the bedrooms and closes the door behind her. Then she produces the book of drawings she carries with her, and begins to work. The quill moves quickly, creating the image of a large, well-muscled figure wearing an eerie white mask that occludes his features save only for a too-wide grin. She adds a flowing dark cloak with a hood that's pulled far enough forward that the details of the mask become hard to see in the shadows within.

As the picture nears completion, Triessa can feel the strain in the air around her, as if the world itself were getting thin, and something was pressing hard up against it. Her forehead burned, and it felt as if her brain were trying...successfully...to grow straight out the front of her skull.

And then...it was gone. The tension, the burning. Everything was normal again.

"At last. You have no idea how frustrating it is to watch from the labyrinth, unable to lend assistance."

Almost everything.

The drawing was gone, the page blank. The voice from behind her was dry and quiet, like grains of sand being blown over one another. As always, he spoke on more than one level. On one level he was being sincere...on another, he always seemed vaguely amused as if at some all-encompassing joke that only he was in on.

Triessa turned around, calming the butterflies in her stomach.

"It's time you met the others, Szare."

"Excellent."

When Triessa left the bedroom, she was trailed after by a large-framed man in a hooded cloak that hid most of his face, but not quite the wide grin on his mouth. His clothes were all the same charcoal-near black grey as his cloak, and he didn't appear to be wearing armor, or to be armed. Indeed, even his attire was a little 'off,' and when stared at too intently seemed to dissolve into patterns of dark and shadow that clung to him and obscured him.

What was more, there was a mark on her forehead that hadn't been there before. A complex sigil of some sort, or rune. It looked as if it was tattooed on, or perhaps painted with some kind of dye.

Triessa took a deep breath and said, "Everyone, this is Szare. He's...a friend of mine. Sort of. He helps me. I know he looks scary, but he's on my side, which means he's on your side too. I figured you should meet him sooner rather than later."

The 'man' took a faintly mocking bow and said in a voice like the turning of ancient parchment, "A pleasure to meet you all. No need for introductions." The grin...which never moved as he spoke...somehow, impossibly, grew wider. "I already know who you are."

(OOC - Ack, Szare's stats aren't in the RG! I changed a few things from his rough draft version...I shall fix this asap!)

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"I am all for searching the crypt, but still, I would like to know about the Professor. If there are hints that the Whispering Way is here, then we should prepare for that as well."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"My father was found with a large piece of statury atop him. It...it crushed...," Kendra starts to say but before she can finish Triessa walks in with the stranger.

She looks at the man and girl for a moment and then to the others to see how they react to him.

Remove ads