CB's City of the Spider Queen v3.5 OOC

Unless something goes very badly astray with his climb attempt, Blite should be able to climb these shop fronts without causing undue damage to the structures. Likewise, he should be able to stand on these rooftops without caving them in as well.

Tailspinner and Eydis, if we can have a reply from you regarding Ardyth's and Zarra's actions this round, I can go ahead and post an action sequence all the way down to K'yorl and Blite. It being the weekend (and a holiday in the US) and me not requiring weekend posts, however, I won't require a post from either of you. Thanks. :)

Action sequence posted all the way down to K'yorl and Blite, who may re-state their desired action this round given the dramatic change in the battlescape. Tailspinner, lacking a post from you, I waited an extra day until Monday morning then went ahead and posted that Ardyth casts fireball to dispose of the remaining four spiders on the byway floor.

As it currently stands, there are now only three spiders that are visible that remain to be disposed of, and those are up on the cavern wall currently trying to gnaw off Hael's lower extremities.

Exits from Szith Morcane include:

The Dordrien Crypts. There is a passage leading to the Chasm that leads up to the Dordrien Crypts and then on to the surface world. Heavily guarded on both sides of the Chasm, as per the OP description in our IC thread.

The Chasm. Across, down, or somehow through the Chasm itself. The Chasm is unexplored and largely left alone by the city inhabitants. A very steep descent of an unknown drop into an unknown bottom.

The Lower Bar. The Bazaar has a passageway that leads down below the Bazaar into a cavern and from that cavern, there is a gate through which merchants come and go via a northeastern passageway out of the city. Heavily guarded. Getting in to Szith Morcane is easy. Getting out is more difficult.

I know someone will bring this up, so instead of waiting and then replying, I'll go ahead and say now. "Citizens" normally need a writ to leave the city. Acceptable sources for a writ include one of the city guard officers, the Council, or any of the prominent noble Houses. Tierak Morcane left Desydra's Playhouse without furnishing the writ.

Last edited:

Tailspinner, I noticed after I'd already posted for Ardyth the first time that she dropped sleep for magic missile that I'd let a wizard PC drop a prepared spell in favor of another. Not being one to backtrack and correct errors (either my own or players'), I let it go and then promptly forgot to ask about it later. Now I need to ask...how is it that Ardyth is dropping prepared spells? What item or ability is allowing her to do that? She's not a cleric.

I just went through and had a more thorough look at Ardyth's character sheet and I see some things on there that I hadn't approved after vetting the character. I remember approving Spellcasting Prodigy. I don't remember ever seeing Magical Artisan: Wondrous Items (6th level) or Signature Spell: Magic Missile (9th level) on anything I agreed to allow. You'll need to please let me know where you got these two feats so that I can reference them. I also need to know where the Superior Rope of Climbing comes from.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Nice job all, we created an impressive amount of distruction. I look forward to seeing what we can do working together as a team.

Remove ads