Ceramic DM Winter 07 (Final Judgment Posted)

BSF

Explorer
Piratecat said:
SAP sucks. BSF's SAP implementation has been so busy, even I've had no time to write!

SAP doesn't so much suck as our implementation was "special". And not in a good special way. Our first implementation partner couldn't bring us to a go-live state.

The drama! And not something I care to go into online because there is quite likely more work to be done. Work involving folks in Mythago's career path.

No offense to Mythago, but *bleah*! Not stuff I want to focus on.

Piratecat said:
I'm in.

I got to hang out with Mythago last month when she was in NH for work. Maybe I can hornswaggle her in as well.

Oy! *slaps hand to head* I'm rusty at this writing stuff. At least the non-technical writing stuff. I guess this is one way to practice.

Should be a good round. If I actually go on vacation, I will need to assure I have internet access and bring my laptop.

Of course, I will be visiting the Virginia area. Near DC and all that. As my plans solidify I was hoping to find some EN Worlders out there that I might be able to meet. (Folks like Rodrigo maybe...)

BSF

Explorer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Aha! I knew my challenge would smoke out the hiding members of the New Mexico Cabal!

OK, I took that as a challenge. I think between email/PM/IM I have passed on the challenge to 6 other folks that have a solid NM tie. Not sure any of them will have time/interest, but we will see.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
i am really, really looking forward to this. I've been dumping all my creative side into work recently, but the game is about to hit alpha. This couldn't come at a better time.

BSF

Explorer
If I may direct you to a place that might help answer your question: Ceramic DM FAQ for Fiction

It is a writing contest. The judges provide pictures, you and an opponent write a story around those pictures. Everybody has fun reading and writing. Eventually, through a few rounds, a winner is decided.

mythago

Hero
BSF said:
Oy! *slaps hand to head* I'm rusty at this writing stuff.

Sheez, don't get me started. I'm going to have to watch myself so I don't start writing things like "the dimensional vortex incorporated by reference herein, and all objections thereto."

helium3, the short version is that the judges post a group of pictures. You write a story around them. The conceit is that if an editor had decided to publish your story, and needed to use illustrations, s/he would have chosen those pictures. The FAQ and reading previous stories should give you a good sense.

Anyone want to see if alsih2o is willing to judge?

Remove ads