Ceramic DM/Short Story Smackdown '08

Hello Everyone,

As far as I can see, we have 16 competitors and 3 judges... ummm.... we just have a few little details to work out:
- who's going to put the hand up for head judge and judgment poster? I'll put my hand up unless Arwink or Maldur (my judging hero may I just say) want the job.
- are we going to continue in this thread or get the head judge or BSF to start a new one?
- who's going to be the picture chooserer and match poster and timer? I've found before that having input from all three judges in this matter is a good option but if BSF wishes to do alone, then that's cool too.
[4 rounds with: 4 pictures round one and two, 5 pictures round three and 6 pictures for the final, makes 64 images]

Some Thoughts on Judgments:
As the competition size is at a premium, judgments need to be real quick. I think for the first two rounds, judge feedback needs to be kept to a minimum to keep things moving along quickly. In essence and for myself, I shall not be assembling my infernal court of judging imps until the last two rounds. I think a 48 hour judgment turnaround would be optimal if ever so slightly optimistic.

Would the competitors be happy with a brief paragraph of feedback (or less) or do you demand a thorough critique?

Match Order and Timing:
I think the best we can do is to put up the draw and have competitors agree on a starting day for next week. Let's try and get the first round finished by the end of next week if possible.

BSF, if you want to put up your random draw, we can get the ball rolling.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise
-

Eeralai

First Post
I would like to get started tomorrow if that is possible. Otherwise I'll be on the lookout for next week. Also a short but sweet critique is fine with me.

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
Herremann the Wise said:
Hello Everyone,

As far as I can see, we have 16 competitors and 3 judges... ummm.... we just have a few little details to work out:
- who's going to put the hand up for head judge and judgment poster? I'll put my hand up unless Arwink or Maldur (my judging hero may I just say) want the job.

I would suggest that the first volunteer is head judge. I was actually chatting with Maldur earlier today and I am pretty sure he doesn't want to do it.

- are we going to continue in this thread or get the head judge or BSF to start a new one?
- who's going to be the picture chooserer and match poster and timer? I've found before that having input from all three judges in this matter is a good option but if BSF wishes to do alone, then that's cool too.
[4 rounds with: 4 pictures round one and two, 5 pictures round three and 6 pictures for the final, makes 64 images]

I can help in any way that you guys want, or not at all. I simply volunteered to help keep the momentum going in the thread while we were looking for a judge. If there is anything you guys need help with, to lighten the load or whatever, let me know. Otherwise, I will stay back out of the way and gleefully enjoy being a spectator. :)

Some Thoughts on Judgments:
As the competition size is at a premium, judgments need to be real quick. I think for the first two rounds, judge feedback needs to be kept to a minimum to keep things moving along quickly. In essence and for myself, I shall not be assembling my infernal court of judging imps until the last two rounds. I think a 48 hour judgment turnaround would be optimal if ever so slightly optimistic.

Would the competitors be happy with a brief paragraph of feedback (or less) or do you demand a thorough critique?

Match Order and Timing:
I think the best we can do is to put up the draw and have competitors agree on a starting day for next week. Let's try and get the first round finished by the end of next week if possible.

BSF, if you want to put up your random draw, we can get the ball rolling.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise
-

EDIT: Herremann - Can you drop me an email? I am email accessible via my profile. Let me know how I can help.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Herremann the Wise said:

I'm completely cool with that :)

I've got a small stockpile of images that I put together on a just-in-case basis that I'm happy to throw into the pool.

tadk

Explorer
I am happy with just being told I won my round and am advancing

Since I have discovered the joy of mind mapping and environmental test report writing my style may be changing.

Then again all my entries may actually be nothing less than dreamsequence free verse poetry

time shall tell
Let the games begin
I got a load of baked grain ready

Remove ads